Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Zero percent period coming to an end.

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Zero percent period coming to an end.

Postby OLTB » May 7th, 2020, 9:16 pm

Evening all.

I have a Sainsburys credit card which has a zero percent rate on purchases and the introductory period for this zero rate is coming to an end (1st July). I used this last year to buy EasyJet flights for our planned holiday at the end of July which now looks likely (although not yet agreed) to be cancelled owing to Covid19.

My dilemma is should I use the money I was planning to clear this so I don’t start to be charged interest, or, do I wait on the assumption that EasyJet will cancel the flights and refund me anyway (this clearing the outstanding debt). What I’m not sure about is if I clear the balance to be on the safe side and then EasyJet refund me, this will give me a credit balance of £1300. Does anyone know if I can ask for this to be paid to me without fees or an admin charge?

Thanks in advance, cheers, OLTB.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Zero percent period coming to an end.

Postby kempiejon » May 7th, 2020, 9:59 pm

OLTB wrote:Does anyone know if I can ask for this to be paid to me without fees or an admin charge?

Yes, probably. If it were me I'd try and re=transfer the balance to another 0% interest option first, Royal Bank of Scotland was offering me 23 months zero interest no fee last month, then I'd wait and see if the easyjet money came back to the CC, they might stiff you with voucher or easyjet might pay to your current account but if it comes there you can ask your CC to transfer the positive balance to your bank account. I've had credit balances on a number of CCs over the years M&S and MBNA did it easily Amex would the first couple of times but more recently didn't - you can just spend it though.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”