Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Nationwide cancels Cashback

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Nationwide cancels Cashback

Postby Gerry557 » November 25th, 2020, 10:20 am

Nationwide cancels Cashback. I was disappointed to find this out. It was a nice bonus at the end of the year to get a little extra cash for my normal spending habbits. Obviously it used to be more generous and over time it has been cut back and back until now where its gone altogether.

This might be the kick to look at other options open to me. Maybe there is something better out there or another cashback card.

Im open to becoming a rate tart, well not rate but whatever bonus options

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Nationwide cancels Cashback

Postby kempiejon » November 25th, 2020, 11:16 am

Amex Platinum Everyday do an introductory rate 5% then 0.5% annually. It's been my preferred card for years real cash off your annual statement bill. Amazon do/did an affiliate card run by NewDay, bonus on Amazon spend. Tesco for Clubcard vouchers. I ditched Amazon, have my main bank with Tesco and their debit card also gets me vouchers.

JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Postby JohnB » November 25th, 2020, 11:49 am

Barclaycard still do cashback. The NewDay Amazon card is annoying, as they send you content free emails "login to see your statement", but won't post or email them to you.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 26th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Gerry557 wrote:Nationwide cancels Cashback. I was disappointed to find this out. It was a nice bonus at the end of the year to get a little extra cash for my normal spending habbits. Obviously it used to be more generous and over time it has been cut back and back until now where its gone altogether.

This might be the kick to look at other options open to me. Maybe there is something better out there or another cashback card.

Where did you pick that up? I use a Nationwide creditcard for most of my spending precisely for the cashback, so I'd expect to be notified! :o

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » November 27th, 2020, 10:38 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:
Gerry557 wrote:Nationwide cancels Cashback. I was disappointed to find this out. It was a nice bonus at the end of the year to get a little extra cash for my normal spending habbits. Obviously it used to be more generous and over time it has been cut back and back until now where its gone altogether.

Where did you pick that up? I use a Nationwide creditcard for most of my spending precisely for the cashback, so I'd expect to be notified! :o

In with my snail mail paper statement! Which Is why I prefer to totally online things

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 27th, 2020, 6:05 pm

I guess it must've been in something I took for useless junk.

Anyway, today I've bought - while I still have cashback - several big-ticket items I've been meaning to get. Total north of £1k (which is fairly exceptional for me), and that's on top of my regular shopping.

If there's no more cashback, the starling debitcard may become my default. Let Nationwide make less from me!

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » December 16th, 2020, 11:52 am

Uncle
My snailmail statement arrived this morning and on it was a (very modest) cashback amount credited. This was a Nationwide Select visa, not sure if that was the same as your one nor if it might be the finale of payments by Nationwide but thought it worth reporting.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”