Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

How do you see late payments on your credit file?

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
detox

How do you see late payments on your credit file?

Postby detox » November 21st, 2022, 2:18 pm

I have several credit cards, and learned from a call handler on an unrelated matter that there are several missed payments on my file. They did not appear serious but it was a surprise to me. Can you see what your missed payments are? Googling this question gives plenty of information about how to view your score in general, not too much on how to see your late payments however. Many thanks for any advice.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: How do you see late payments on your credit file?

Postby mc2fool » November 21st, 2022, 2:45 pm

detox wrote:I have several credit cards, and learned from a call handler on an unrelated matter that there are several missed payments on my file. They did not appear serious but it was a surprise to me. Can you see what your missed payments are? Googling this question gives plenty of information about how to view your score in general, not too much on how to see your late payments however. Many thanks for any advice.

Welcome to The Lemon Fool :)

I use both https://www.creditkarma.co.uk and https://www.clearscore.com for credit reports (both are free) and both show month-by-month payment info for each of my credit cards, although it's not very detailed (you don't see amounts).

ClearScore shows On time / Missed payment / No data for each month for each card,
CreditKarma shows OK / Missed payment / No data / Defaulted / Payment Holiday / Arrangement to pay for each month for each card

detox

Postby detox » November 24th, 2022, 3:42 pm

Hello mc2fool :) :)

Great websites but I can't seem to see any missed payments; my moneysupermarket app goes back further and specifies one, but I'm wondering if these late payments were a bill and this would have been due via DD rather than credit cards. Where is it possible to find this?

Thanks for your help!

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » November 24th, 2022, 4:21 pm

detox wrote:Hello mc2fool :) :)

Great websites but I can't seem to see any missed payments; my moneysupermarket app goes back further and specifies one, but I'm wondering if these late payments were a bill and this would have been due via DD rather than credit cards. Where is it possible to find this?

Thanks for your help!

That's strange, 'cos moneysupermarket and Credit Karma both use TransUnion for their data (I have an MSM account too, but didn't mention it 'cos of that), and on a cursory look though the two look to go back the same amount of time for me.

All these sites do also have payment histories for your current accounts too, so take a look at those. Failing that I suppose you could call back the provider that told you there were missed payments on your file and ask.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 30th, 2022, 12:04 pm

You can request your statutory credit report from the main credit reference agencies for free and they will show you this info. In both cases avoid the paid for Credit Expert or Credit Score services. Stick to the basic free report.

Experian - https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/sta ... eport.html
Equifax - https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/cred ... ory-report

Clariman

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”