Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Albion VCT's Price movements

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
barchid
Lemon Slice

Albion VCT's Price movements

Postby barchid » April 27th, 2020, 1:42 pm

There have been very sharp price adjustments in the market makers quotes this morning, without as far as I can see, an RNS to trigger them.
AADV & AATG are both down over 6%, AAVC & KAY are both down almost 10% and interestingly CRWN is up over 10%.
I realise that few of us buy these in the secondary market but it is strange to see movements like these, with no trades booked yet today, without a good reason.
Does anyone have any views ?

BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

Re: Albion VCT's Price movements

Postby BusyBumbleBee » April 27th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Glad you put this up - spotted it but am so busy with a project I am working on that I didn't have time to look at it further. And still don't.

My guess is that one company in the portfolio has gone caput. To find which one we have to look at the company that crwn doesn't own - if you get my meaning.

Trust you are keeping well - with kind regards - BBB

IJ49

Postby IJ49 » April 27th, 2020, 6:06 pm

If you look at the RNS announcements for each of the Albion VCTs there is an interim management statement or NAV announcement dated 22 April stating the reductions in the NAVs. On 18 March the VCTs announced that share buy-backs were suspended until the NAVs had been reworked as at 31 March. There is also on each VCT webpage on the Albion website, revised NAVs as at 31 March that (obviously) agree with the RNS announcements.

Nothing sinister as far as I can see and following the same process as many other VCTs.

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » April 27th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Ij
Thanks, I guess you are correct although after I posted, todays trades were reported by the market makers.
My thoughts now are that I am unclear as to why the market makers took so long to adjust their quotes, if the navs were known 5 days ago, though I guess that as these VCT's tend to trade by appointment only in the secondary market the price adjustment can be quite a leisurely matter.
Any ideas on why CRWN are up 10% and the 4 others are all down ?

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”