Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Investor Meet Company Platform

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

Investor Meet Company Platform

Postby BusyBumbleBee » September 1st, 2020, 10:26 am

I am becoming increasingly annoyed at the way VCT boards are excluding their shareholders from meetings. Everyone else is managing to hold remote meetings using the various platforms available for video conferencing even some listed companies (see https://www.investegate.co.uk/fox-marbl ... gs%20Alert. for an example

So the company with a mission here is the Investor Meet Company Platform where their extremely laudable mission is:
We created the Investor Meet Company platform in direct response to the challenges faced by Individual Investors and companies wanting to connect.

Our aim is to directly connect any Individual Investor to any UK listed company, providing them the same access to management as Institutional Investors, allowing them to make a more informed investment decision, regardless of the number of shares they own or where they are geographically located.

An aim, I think we all agree with.

So, should we all respond to all the VCTs we hold shares in by asking/telling/recommending them to use this platform?

The web site is here : https://www.investormeetcompany.com/

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Re: Investor Meet Company Platform

Postby johnhemming » September 1st, 2020, 10:49 am

Here is an example
https://www.investegate.co.uk/sylvania- ... 00076302X/

I have an account with IMC, but have not used it yet, but I have diarised this event to see how it goes. I have attended a remote AGM for NAHL which was just a phone call and seen various video presentations, but this is the first of these. To be fair, however, I don't really have a question for SLP. The biggest issue for them is the platinum basket price.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » September 1st, 2020, 12:06 pm

No.

Online meetings, yes: it's been a hobbyhorse of mine for years. But we should absolutely not be promoting a particular platform unless and until it offers clear advantages over well-established and widely-used alternatives.

If you want to make that case for your choice of platform, go ahead. But I'm sceptical about this one: I can't recollect details, but the name rings a bell and it's not a happy association (which may or may not be the fault of the platform).

james188
2 Lemon pips

Postby james188 » September 1st, 2020, 1:16 pm

I have logged into meetings using IMC on a number of occasions and I have been impressed. I particularly like the facility to post questions in real time and to receive answers pretty much immediately from the management team that is doing the presentation. I much prefer this offering to Zoom and the like.

There is also a facility on the website to nominate companies that you would like to see covered. If there is enough interest, I gather that they approach the company concerned.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » September 1st, 2020, 1:33 pm

james188 wrote:I have logged into meetings using IMC on a number of occasions and I have been impressed. I particularly like the facility to post questions in real time and to receive answers pretty much immediately from the management team that is doing the presentation. I much prefer this offering to Zoom and the like.

There is also a facility on the website to nominate companies that you would like to see covered. If there is enough interest, I gather that they approach the company concerned.

Fairy nuff, though Zoom as comparison sets a very low bar. It is, after all, a fundamentally different beast, being a vehicle for social rather than business meetings.

ali1947fish

Postby ali1947fish » September 1st, 2020, 2:10 pm

i have already contacted some vcts about this but no response- I still think we should keeping reminding them of the opportunity

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » September 1st, 2020, 2:39 pm

james188 wrote:I particularly like the facility to post questions in real time and to receive answers pretty much immediately from the management team that is doing the presentation. I much prefer this offering to Zoom and the like.

That should be possible via Zoom (using the chat). I think I remember now using Zoom for a similar session with DGOC (I did do one). It worked OK.

Kidman
Lemon Slice

Postby Kidman » September 5th, 2020, 10:47 am

I was impressed by Luminar for a couple of listed company AGMs but don't mind what platform is used so long as it does the job and I don't have to do any software installs on my PC.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”