Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

BSC VCT's new offer initial fees direct vs execution only broker

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
cprof
Lemon Pip

BSC VCT's new offer initial fees direct vs execution only broker

Postby cprof » February 3rd, 2021, 2:59 pm

I received e- mails from both Wealth club and direct from YFM regarding the new BSC offers.
The offer document describes the inital application fee as 2.5% ( page 6) and then goes on to illustrate costs of going direct or via broker with or without refund of 2% commission ( p11).

The E mail from Wealth club reads
"When you invest through Wealth Club, you save 2% on the initial charge and receive a rebate of 0.10% for three years – a better deal than going direct."

I think this is a bit misleading as the only difference appears to be the 0.3% trail commission.
As far as I can recall this is the first time I have seen going direct is ( almost ) as good as going via broker.
As a matter of principle I would prefer to exclude intermediaries where there are no direct benefits to me, although Wealth club is good at updating me on offers and their video interviews have some value.

Have I undersotood the initial charges correctly?

sinterklaas
2 Lemon pips

Re: BSC VCT's new offer initial fees direct vs execution only broker

Postby sinterklaas » February 3rd, 2021, 3:06 pm

Yes I think you're understanding that right.

0.3% is still better. Not by a vast amount, but factually still a better deal.

I think the main thing with this offer is speed and Wealth Club does have the online application (I'm not a current BSC shareholder so don't know what the alternative is in terms of how long that takes)

flyer61
Lemon Slice

Re: BSC VCT's new offer initial fees direct vs execution only broker

Postby flyer61 » February 4th, 2021, 12:00 pm

With luck the annual wealth club rebate cheque will be dropping through the letter box shortly!

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”