Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

AAVC - Care Homes Disposal

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
onslow
2 Lemon pips

AAVC - Care Homes Disposal

Postby onslow » March 4th, 2021, 4:47 pm

Interim management statement out today, they have disposed of their interest in the care homes after period end which - according to the same statement - were valued at £30m at period end. The statement alludes to various options being considered regarding the proceeds including a special divi.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... t/14888489

Not clear if other Albion VCTs have sold their interests, if so holders of the broad Albion VCTs could be in for a nice special divi.

How do people feel about this? Do we want long lasting cash generative businesses in the portfolio longer term or are we happy for them to sell these assets turning over the portfolio?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: AAVC - Care Homes Disposal

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 4th, 2021, 7:07 pm

It was good to have the diversification. Not sure where I might find an equivalent.

Coming on top of Ventus's announcement, I wonder if it's becoming impossible for VCTs to hold no-longer-eligible assets? At least with Ventus I know well where else I can hold similar assets.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”