Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Albion AGM's

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
barchid
Lemon Slice

Albion AGM's

Postby barchid » August 24th, 2021, 12:31 pm

We holders have all just been invited to the AAVC virtual AGM. I did email them to ask when Albion would be going back to actual as opposed to virtual.
As someone who enjoys meeting fellow investors at the AGM the virtual one seems rather dismal, not to mention the lack of hospitality, but the response back was somewhat discouraging, saying that they have been very pleased with virtual and numbers are up considerably, with pandemic nowhere near finished....etc etc.
I wonder if this is another old City tradition going the same way as so many others ?
A shame if it is as Albion gatherings were genuinely informative which I do not find with a video meeting, (their wine wasn't bad either).

Gostevie
2 Lemon pips

Re: Albion AGM's

Postby Gostevie » August 24th, 2021, 2:16 pm

I agree with you 100%. The Albion AGMs and annual investor days were always great occasions where we could meet with Patrick and Will, other partners and staff and fellow investors.

Personally I am sick to death of 'webinars' and 'virtual meetings'. We can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool forever. We need to move on.

Steve

barchid
Lemon Slice

Re: Albion AGM's

Postby barchid » August 24th, 2021, 3:00 pm

Stevie
You just jogged my memory, there is a "proper" live Shareholder Seminar being planned for November 12, hopefully to be confirmed end September.
That is presumably to help loosen up the wallets just before a fundraise ? Whatever, it is definitely a step in the right direction.
Agreed that cotton wool is so "last year".

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”