Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Oliver Bedford Hargreave Hale

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
mjames

Oliver Bedford Hargreave Hale

Postby mjames » October 2nd, 2021, 4:57 pm

I have just watched an interesting interview with the manager of Hargreave Hale AIM VCT, Oliver Bedfor who took over from Giles Hargreave a few years ago.

It makes a good case for why AIM VCTs generally – quite apart from past performance of course, which seems to have made AIM VCTs so sought after this year. He articulated several points I have not considered before.

I have only recently joined the forum so it appears I cannot post a link, but perhaps a longer serving member could oblige. The interview is on YouTube.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Oliver Bedford Hargreave Hale

Postby scotia » October 2nd, 2021, 5:20 pm

mjames wrote:I have just watched an interesting interview with the manager of Hargreave Hale AIM VCT, Oliver Bedfor who took over from Giles Hargreave a few years ago.

It makes a good case for why AIM VCTs generally – quite apart from past performance of course, which seems to have made AIM VCTs so sought after this year. He articulated several points I have not considered before.

I have only recently joined the forum so it appears I cannot post a link, but perhaps a longer serving member could oblige. The interview is on YouTube.

I think this may be the interview you are referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pLe5SOVMnQ

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » October 3rd, 2021, 1:43 pm

mjames
Not only is it a sensible interview but Oliver Bedford is always very accessible & helpful if you ever have any investment queries. The only thing I dislike about HHV is that their charges increased after HH were taken over by Cannacord, especially the price over nav for a new issue. other than that it is, imho, a well run vct with the ability to invest in unquoted very early stage companies as well as AIM stocks.
I have been a holder for almost 10 years & it has served me well. A different animal to Amati, which it must be said, has served me even better !

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » October 3rd, 2021, 2:05 pm

Apologies, somehow the same post came up twice, clearly my error somewhere !

mjames

Postby mjames » October 3rd, 2021, 5:37 pm

scotia wrote:
I think this may be the interview you are referring to

Many thanks Scotia for posting the link.

Yes, Amati has done well from video game and biotech stocks and I don’t think HH has any of those. It does on the other hand have a very successful holding in Gousto.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”