Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Baronsmead

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
barchid
Lemon Slice

Baronsmead

Postby barchid » December 26th, 2021, 10:45 am

Given its management by Gresham House I was not sure whether to put this in the preceeding post, but Roger Lawson/Sharesoc has tabled concerns to the Chair for their AGM in February, largely on the matter of suitability or not for 3 current directors, corporate governance & of course, their high fees.
I am not a holder of Baronsmead but for those who are I thought this post by Lawson should be highlighted as he does seem to have a knack of asking the right questions, and when an "Independent" director appears to have had longstanding relations with Gresham with another director having over 22 years on one fund it may well be an agm that holders should be fully aware of.

Kidman
Lemon Slice

Re: Baronsmead

Postby Kidman » December 27th, 2021, 11:42 am

For some years I have voted against some Baronsmead directors and always against their remuneration policy.

Their directors have rarely appeared independent and since the merger they think they can reset the nine-year guideline. Michael Probin has recently been made a director and I am sure most of you will be very familiar with him as the voice of Baronsmead since their VCTs started.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”