Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Triple Point Venture VCT

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
robtom91

Triple Point Venture VCT

Postby robtom91 » July 15th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Thoughts on this Triple Point? Recently exited Credit Kudos to Apple, so tempted to invest. Have seen it is available on joinfurther dot com for £1,000 minimum.

StirlingCastle

Re: Triple Point Venture VCT

Postby StirlingCastle » July 15th, 2022, 1:26 pm

Hey OP - you're my first post/reply! Took the plunge today to try and find ways to invest outside of the markets, after reading in the FT this morning about how it's a good time to invest in VC now that valuations are coming back to earth. Anyway, glad to have found this community.

I hadn't heard of Further before, but looks interesting, thanks for the tip. If this VCT is picking investments that have sold to Apple - that's good enough for me. I'll take a look at what else they have. Cheers!

cprof
Lemon Pip

Postby cprof » July 16th, 2022, 11:05 am

Thank you for both of your posts. I also like Triple Point funds based on my experience to date. I was not aware of Further as a broker for VCT's, always useful to have another option. Just a couple of points.
1) TPON is listed as having a £1000 minimum investment on Further , which is potentially useful. However, the minimums on Bestinvest and Wealth Club is £3000. I am surprised that the fund is offering different minimums through different brokers. But of course it is possible.
2) Further do not publish the funds initial charge, nor their discount on it, nor any trail commision. In the case of Wealth Club the discount on inital charge is 4% ( of an initial charge of 5.5%).
You probably need to register on Further to clarify these two issues.

EarnestHummingbird

Postby EarnestHummingbird » July 24th, 2022, 6:57 pm

I put in £6k into TPOA on Friday there.
I hold some hope that the team keep up the good work and the legacy stuff pays dividends.
Unusual for me to invest during the middle of the tax year but I had the means and thought that I might miss out on this (or others) if I didn't dip my toe in now.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”