Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

VCT share buy backs

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
IJ49

VCT share buy backs

Postby IJ49 » April 11th, 2023, 11:26 am

I am not sure if this has been raised before, so here goes.

Through ii I placed a quantity of CRWN shares for the next buy back. On 4th April I was advised that the shares had been bought , however the settlement date was given as 14th April. A CRWN RNS confirmed the buy back on 4th April.

Is such a long settlement period standard for buy backs, as it seems far to long nowadays?

Many thanks for any comments.

IJ

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: VCT share buy backs

Postby scotia » April 11th, 2023, 12:09 pm

IJ49 wrote:I am not sure if this has been raised before, so here goes.

Through ii I placed a quantity of CRWN shares for the next buy back. On 4th April I was advised that the shares had been bought , however the settlement date was given as 14th April. A CRWN RNS confirmed the buy back on 4th April.

Is such a long settlement period standard for buy backs, as it seems far to long nowadays?

Many thanks for any comments.

IJ

I have had a look at VCT buy-backs in my HL account over the past year, and have found settlement periods ranging from 1 day to two weeks.

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Re: VCT share buy backs

Postby Boots » April 11th, 2023, 1:25 pm

I've only sold one VCT (Proven) to a Buy-back. The settlement period was 14 days.

I sold two others into the open market, and the settlement periods were both 2 days.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”