Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to ErroneousBee,GSVsowhat,Shelford,Hypster,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Digitallook on the move

Discussions regarding financial software
BobGe
Lemon Slice

Re: Digitallook on the move

Postby BobGe » January 8th, 2021, 6:52 am

tjh290633 wrote:I see that S32 state that their dividend is "fully franked".

Now you come to mention it I think it changed for the 19-20 tax year. Some of the Spanish ones were taxed, IAG and BNC, for example, when they last paid.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 8th, 2021, 10:07 am

BobGe wrote:Talking of RDSB, can you see the 2020 dividends?

Yes, the FT Portfolio lists them under 'transactions' for RDSB. For the most part they are correct, though there's a discrepancy for the Q2 dividend. I've double checked, and it is FT's figure that is wrong. The FT's dates are declaration dates, mine are payment dates.

FT Portfolio transactions for RDSB

Asset                             Asset Class    Type      Quantity        Price        Fees    Date

Royal Dutch Shell PLC RDSB:LSE Equities Dividend **** Amount 12.48 GBX 12/11/20
Royal Dutch Shell PLC RDSB:LSE Equities Dividend **** Amount 12.25 GBX 13/08/20
Royal Dutch Shell PLC RDSB:LSE Equities Dividend **** Amount 12.68 GBX 14/05/20
Royal Dutch Shell PLC RDSB:LSE Equities Dividend **** Amount 36.40 GBX 13/02/20

From my records

Payment Date                      Dividend (p)
16-Dec-20 Royal Dutch Shell B 12.48 Q3
21-Sep-20 Royal Dutch Shell B 12.09 Q2
22-Jun-20 Royal Dutch Shell B 12.68 Q1
23-Mar-20 Royal Dutch Shell B 36.4 Fin.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » January 8th, 2021, 2:33 pm

Breelander wrote:
BobGe wrote:Talking of RDSB, can you see the 2020 dividends?

Yes, the FT Portfolio lists them under 'transactions' for RDSB.

Well, I asked because I've a dummy portfolio set up for 'playing around'. Funny thing is: I put in a couple of RDSB long buys with transaction dates of 3/1/20 and 4/1/20 and no divs appear. If I put in similar for RDSA they do (as they do for BP. and IMB). So I added another RDSB long buy with a date of 5/1/19 then I get dividends for 2019 but still not for 2020.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 8th, 2021, 8:54 pm

BobGe wrote:Well, I asked because I've a dummy portfolio set up for 'playing around'. Funny thing is: I put in a couple of RDSB long buys with transaction dates of 3/1/20 and 4/1/20 and no divs appear..

On the right of the headline title of the portfolio is an Actions drop-down menu. Select 'Manage dividends'. Here you should see any unmanaged dividends (those that have been declared, but have not automatically been handled by your global 'manage dividends' settings). This seems to be possible if you added a holding before you set set the global setting. I found a few BP dividends declared back in 2008.

Select all the unmanaged dividends you may find, you'll have the option to move them to your cash holding. That should fix any expected dividends that do not appear.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » January 9th, 2021, 5:09 am

Breelander wrote:On the right of the headline title of the portfolio is an Actions drop-down menu. Select 'Manage dividends'. Here you should see any unmanaged dividends

It reports that there are none.
Breelander wrote:This seems to be possible if you added a holding before you set set the global setting.

FWIW, no and I've deleted all holdings and re-listed several times. As I said it shows RDSB:LSE 2019 divis, just not the 2020 ones. If I enter the same holding for RDS.B:NYQ then I get 2020 dividends. I guess it's just a glitch.

I've decided I'm not keen on the FTs dividend handling as it interferes with the displayed figures and using it doesn't enable one to see capital gains/losses for a line or for the overall, nor does it identify the cash entries, nor provide dividend totals. I like to see the capital position and the dividends separately. The filter function also seems to have a mind of it's own too.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » January 12th, 2021, 3:07 am

I had a look at Morningstar and didn't like the style much and wasn't keen on the upselling. Also looked at Trustnet which appeared better and covers a lot of instruments, including pensions, (no retrospective dividends though, for anyone wanting that) except the selection of said instruments seems to be a right pain in the proverbial. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears one has to choose by description only (via lengthy drop down lists) and I couldn't see any way to use an Epic, ISIN or Sedol. Similarly the portfolio entry only looks to show the description. This seems daft. I'm wondering if I am missing something.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”