Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

divi update

Discussions regarding financial software
biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

divi update

Postby biffinsbridge » May 30th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Running widows 7 HYP version v11-73 using divi update keeps giving no responses? Any info greatfully accepted. Using excel. Stay safe regards Dickie

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: divi update

Postby Itsallaguess » May 30th, 2021, 4:14 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
Running widows 7 HYP version v11-73 using divi update keeps giving no responses?

Any info greatfully accepted. Using excel.

Stay safe regards Dickie

Hi Dickie,

Can you please run a couple of tests for us?

1. Download and open the latest Excel version of the tool from here - http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/5/1/23511186/hyptuss_version_11.74__excel_.zip

2. Once the above Excel file has opened (it's a vanilla copy of the current version, with just BP in there as a working example) - Please can you then ENABLE MACROS

3. Once you've enabled Macros, please click the 'Get Sharecast Forecast Yields' button, and tell us what happens?

When I've just tried the above process, the Forecast Yield for BP is downloaded without any issues, and it puts a yield of 5.3% into the BP 'Forecast Yield' cell - can you please tell us what happens when you carry out the above 3 steps on your own set-up?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » May 30th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Every thing works ok except excel not responding initially, shows forecast yield as 5.30%

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 30th, 2021, 6:39 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
Every thing works ok except excel not responding initially, shows forecast yield as 5.30%

Thanks - so that proves that there's nothing wrong with the underlying 'bits' that need to work locally for you, so we're only left with why your particular portfolio version isn't working...

1. If you run your portfolio version again now, does it work when you tell it to update the Forecast Yields? (Checking now we've seen the vanilla download working OK, just to see if there was a separate sporadic issue earlier that may have now cleared up all on it's own...)

2. If you run your portfolio version now, and the Forecast Yield process doesn't work - does the separate 'Get Yahoo Prices' process still work OK on your portfolio version? (This is to check if *any* of the macro processes are still working on your own portfolio version...)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » May 31st, 2021, 3:24 pm

IAAG, Many thanks for your help. All working well in 7zip Have deleted in excel as still no divi update. In 7zip it is still excel. stay safe regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 31st, 2021, 5:44 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
All working well in 7zip

Have deleted in excel as still no divi update.

In 7zip it is still excel.

Hi Dickie,

I'm sorry, but the above doesn't make much sense to me in relation to the questions asked in my previous post - can you please tell me if the Yahoo price update is working correctly in your own original portfolio spreadsheet?

If you've not done it already, it might be worth making a TEST_COPY of your original portfolio spreadsheet (the one where the yields aren't updating..), so we can continue testing on that TEST one, rather than your original copy?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » May 31st, 2021, 6:13 pm

IAAG, Original copy in excel has been deleted.Now have on desk top in a zip file it is still excel now every thing working ok. Before i deleted the copy in excel all worked except divi update, which under amount it said' no response '. so i assume the problem was with excel, why it works outside of Office Excel i don't know, anyway now happy. Just have to access from desk top instead of Excel.Stay safe regards Dickie.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 31st, 2021, 7:01 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:IAAG, Original copy in excel has been deleted.Now have on desk top in a zip file it is still excel now every thing working ok. Before i deleted the copy in excel all worked except divi update, which under amount it said' no response '. so i assume the problem was with excel, why it works outside of Office Excel i don't know, anyway now happy. Just have to access from desk top instead of Excel.Stay safe regards Dickie.

I don't have time to comment in detail but I think you are talking about the Dividends sheet but IAAG has been talking about Fcst Yield on the High Yield Portfolio sheet
Your reference to divi update is a bit unspecific.

On the Parameters sheet, what is/was your Dividends source?

--kiloran

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 1st, 2021, 2:12 pm

Kiloran, divi is stockopedia, When i switch to dividends from high yield portfolio, & press update divis its takes a long time to fill the amount colomn with 'no response'. I have no problems with forecast yields, or share price scrap. Now when i start it shows security alert, i have to press enable content after which it is ok. Stay safe regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 1st, 2021, 4:33 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
divi is stockopedia,

When i switch to dividends from high yield portfolio, & press update divis its takes a long time to fill the amount colomn with 'no response'.

I'm not yet convinced that your dividend parameter is set to 'stockopedia', as I don't think the tool returns a 'No Response' field for that particular parameter setting....

Dickie - on the 'Dividends' sheet, there should be a YELLOW area above the list of companies that says 'Dividend Source >>>>>>>> XXXXXXXXX', where 'XXXXXXXXX' is your current data source for dividends - what does 'XXXXXXXX' say in the YELLOW area on the 'Dividends' sheet of your portfolio spreadsheet?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 1st, 2021, 5:25 pm

IAAG, On the divi sheet in the yellow area it says 'Dividend Source>>>>> Stockopedia ' Regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 2nd, 2021, 6:15 am

biffinsbridge wrote:
On the divi sheet in the yellow area it says 'Dividend Source>>>>> Stockopedia '

Thanks Dickie - and when it definitely says 'Stockopedia' in that yellow area, what then happens when you press the 'Update Dividends' button on the 'Dividends' sheet, on your portfolio version of the tool?

Also, in addition to the above, what happens when you do exactly the same process as the above, using the vanilla download version held here (which should also be set to Stockopedia in that yellow area already, by default..) -

http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/5/1/23511186/hyptuss_version_11.74__excel_.zip

We're expecting to hear about two results of the same test here - one for your portfolio version, and one for that download version, so can you please be clear when reporting back on what happens with each particular version?

I'll assume that you're enabling macros on each of these tests that we're wanting to carry out - so please TEST that macros are enabled before carrying out either of the above processes, by clicking on the 'Get Yahoo Prices' on the 'High Yield Portfolio' sheet, and if you then see the prices update and get the 'Yahoo Prices Updated' message box, then we know macros are enabled OK, and we can then carry out the above tests themselves, and please report back each of your findings for each file (your portfolio file, and then also the vanilla download file...)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 2nd, 2021, 2:22 pm

IAAG,have tested both & they are both working well. I have to enable content on both when opened, otherwise every thing is normal. Regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 2nd, 2021, 4:50 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
have tested both & they are both working well.

I have to enable content on both when opened, otherwise every thing is normal.

That's great news - thanks for reporting back Dickie.

On the specific issue around having to now 'enable content' each time you open your own portfolio version, I suspect it might be dependant on where you're opening it from, and if you right-click the file and 'copy', and then right-click on your desktop and 'paste', and from that point only open it from your desktop, then that might allow the file to see it's being opened from a 'trusted location', which often doesn't have to have the 'enable content' process carried out each time, so that's just something extra to have a play with if you're wanting to...

If you give that a go and still find that you're having to 'enable content' from your desktop, then you can manually add your desktop as a 'trusted location' at that point, which should then work as expected without the need to enable content each time. Some instructions here on how to do that -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/add-remove-or-change-a-trusted-location-7ee1cdc2-483e-4cbb-bcb3-4e7c67147fb4

Glad you're now sorted out on the main functionality side of things anyhow Dickie.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 2nd, 2021, 5:07 pm

IAAG, Yes thank you very much for your time & trouble. Will try your solution to enable content flaw. Stay safe regards Dickie.

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 5th, 2021, 6:26 pm

IAAG, Have now got our HYPS in excel away from 7-zip & every thing is working perfectly so thank you very much for your time & trouble.My wifes Hyp is version v11-74 is there any way to input Verizon, it was ok in earlier versions. Stay safe very best regards Dickie.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 6th, 2021, 11:23 am

biffinsbridge wrote:IAAG, Have now got our HYPS in excel away from 7-zip & every thing is working perfectly so thank you very much for your time & trouble.My wifes Hyp is version v11-74 is there any way to input Verizon, it was ok in earlier versions. Stay safe very best regards Dickie.

Hi Dickie. Do you mean 0Q1S https://www.londonstockexchange.com/mar ... c/overview
If so, Yahoo does not appear to provide a price for this, and Sharecast has no data either.

If you mean VZ https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VZ?p=VZ&.tsrc=fin-srch , it is a NYSE ticker and HYPTUSS only supports companies on the London Stock Exchange

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 6th, 2021, 11:37 am

kiloran wrote:
biffinsbridge wrote:IAAG, Have now got our HYPS in excel away from 7-zip & every thing is working perfectly so thank you very much for your time & trouble.My wifes Hyp is version v11-74 is there any way to input Verizon, it was ok in earlier versions. Stay safe very best regards Dickie.

Hi Dickie. Do you mean 0Q1S https://www.londonstockexchange.com/mar ... c/overview
If so, Yahoo does not appear to provide a price for this, and Sharecast has no data either.

If you mean VZ https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VZ?p=VZ&.tsrc=fin-srch , it is a NYSE ticker and HYPTUSS only supports companies on the London Stock Exchange

--kiloran

Looks like the LSE listing was discontinued: https://www.investegate.co.uk/verizonco ... 3038P4130/

--kiloran

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » June 6th, 2021, 2:43 pm

Gooday Kiloran, Thanks yours, yes it was VZ, did not realise it was delisted. Stay safe regards Dickie.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”