Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

EPIC - Ediston Property

Discussions regarding financial software
kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

EPIC - Ediston Property

Postby kempiejon » July 29th, 2021, 2:54 pm

Heads up,

I see the newest datasheet has the company above, yet for me when I try to add it as a share the sheet picks up the header of the datasheet so although I can add EPIC shares and pull a price the description for the first 3 columns is
Data Sheet Name EPIC New Data Sheet Sector,

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: EPIC - Ediston Property

Postby kiloran » July 29th, 2021, 3:14 pm

kempiejon wrote:Heads up,

I see the newest datasheet has the company above, yet for me when I try to add it as a share the sheet picks up the header of the datasheet so although I can add EPIC shares and pull a price the description for the first 3 columns is

Good timing! I'm working on final tests and documentation for a new release, so I'm glad you didn't find this problem after I've published the new version.
I can see the problem on both the Excel and LibreOffice versions, amazed that nobody has picked up on this previously.

I'll work on a fix

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 29th, 2021, 8:30 pm

kiloran wrote:
kempiejon wrote:Heads up,

Good timing! I'm working on final tests and documentation for a new release, so I'm glad you didn't find this problem after I've published the new version.
I can see the problem on both the Excel and LibreOffice versions, amazed that nobody has picked up on this previously.

I'll work on a fix

--kiloran

Not fully tested, but it looks like the following changes will fix the problem:

• Company Data Sheet, change the heading in cell C1 from "EPIC" to anything else. For example "EPIC symbol" or "Symbol"
  • Company Data Sheet. Locate the row for Ediston Property Investment Company, and change column D from "New Data Sheet Sector" (a total screw-up on my part) to "IT - Property - UK Commercial"

--kiloran

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » July 30th, 2021, 10:16 am

Ta. That looks like it works and makes sense to me, it's not EPIC anyway as technically it's TIMD - Tradable Instrument Display Mnemonics

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 30th, 2021, 11:18 am

kempiejon wrote:Ta. That looks like it works and makes sense to me, it's not EPIC anyway as technically it's TIMD - Tradable Instrument Display Mnemonics

Seems to work OK on the testing I have done. I think I'll use the reference "Symbol" since it's not even EPIC/TIDM. It's the Yahoo stock symbol minus the ".L" suffix. It's generally the same as EPIC/TIDM but with some differences, such as BT-A vs BT.A

Thanks for highlighting the problem.

--kiloran

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » July 30th, 2021, 11:23 am

kiloran wrote:
kempiejon wrote:Ta. That looks like it works and makes sense to me, it's not EPIC anyway as technically it's TIMD - Tradable Instrument Display Mnemonics

Seems to work OK on the testing I have done. I think I'll use the reference "Symbol" since it's not even EPIC/TIDM. It's the Yahoo stock symbol minus the ".L" suffix. It's generally the same as EPIC/TIDM but with some differences, such as BT-A vs BT.A

Thanks for highlighting the problem.

--kiloran

Glad to help. Thaks for the extra details about the EPIC too. I had noticed BT.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”