Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS gives incorrect price for LLPD

Discussions regarding financial software
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS gives incorrect price for LLPD

Postby Breelander » November 26th, 2021, 11:02 am

Using a freshly downloaded Hyp Top-Up Version-b-p.ods and adding LLPD as a holding, 'Get Prices' gives the share price as 149.85, but it should be 175.0p currently.

In addition, clicking on 'Open Sharecast Web Page' trys to open ...security/1945422 and fails, then diverts to .../security/null.

Searching for LLPD on Sharecast suggests they have stopped listing it.
Sharecast.com wrote:Companies search results
Search by Name or Ticker: llpd
Name 	Ticker 	Last 	Chg 	% Chg
No data found

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS gives incorrect price for LLPD

Postby kiloran » November 26th, 2021, 11:41 am

Breelander wrote:Using a freshly downloaded Hyp Top-Up Version-b-p.ods and adding LLPD as a holding, 'Get Prices' gives the share price as 149.85, but it should be 175.0p currently.

In addition, clicking on 'Open Sharecast Web Page' trys to open ...security/1945422 and fails, then diverts to .../security/null.

Searching for LLPD on Sharecast suggests they have stopped listing it.
Sharecast.com wrote:Companies search results
Search by Name or Ticker: llpd
Name 	Ticker 	Last 	Chg 	% Chg
No data found

Sorry Bree, it's not a HYP share so no support is provided :lol:

More seriously, the Yahoo web page does not list LLPD.L, but the Yahoo API used by HYPTUSS does have data which is correctly reported by HYPTUSS (though it does appear that the price from Yahoo is wrong). I can't now find LLPD on Sharecast, though the Sharecast search facility has been pretty lousy for at least the past year.
I see that there was a tender offer for LLPD which closed a few days ago, I wonder if that has affected the data? The LSE shows no trades since 23Nov21.

Sorry I can't offer any more constructive help for the moment. Maybe the data will clean up over the next few days

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 26th, 2021, 12:04 pm

kiloran wrote:... I can't now find LLPD on Sharecast, though the Sharecast search facility has been pretty lousy for at least the past year....

Thanks for looking at this. Ironically, the almost impossible to access old Digital Look listing for LLPD is still there, and has the correct up to date price :D
http://finance.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/ ... id=1945422

I see that there was a tender offer for LLPD which closed a few days ago, I wonder if that has affected the data? The LSE shows no trades since 23Nov21.

No, both DL and the FT still list it correctly, the FT even says "Shares traded 7.17m".
https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... s=LLPD:LSE

Sorry I can't offer any more constructive help for the moment. Maybe the data will clean up over the next few days
--kiloran

I doubt that. Looking back through my HYPTUSS snapshots I now see that it's been stuck like this for many months, maybe as long as a year. :(
I'll just have to remember to type the price in manually from now on.....

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 26th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Breelander wrote:No, both DL and the FT still list it correctly, the FT even says "Shares traded 7.17m".
https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... s=LLPD:LSE

I did notice that (in small print), the FT site shows the data at 10:57 on 22Nov21

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 26th, 2021, 3:43 pm

kiloran wrote:I did notice that (in small print), the FT site shows the data at 10:57 on 22Nov21

That would be correct, apparently that was the most recent trade - and trades are what set the current price.

Date           Time       Price      Volume        Type
22 Nov 2021 10:57 174.2 7,168,493 Buy
https://www.charles-stanley-direct.co.u ... ol=B3KSB23

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”