Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Morningstar Premium

Discussions regarding financial software
ivahunch
2 Lemon pips

Morningstar Premium

Postby ivahunch » December 1st, 2021, 6:23 pm

Is anyone else finding that Premium Portfolio prices are not updating at the moment?

GPhelan
Lemon Pip

Re: Morningstar Premium

Postby GPhelan » December 21st, 2021, 9:24 pm

I don't know whether the Premium Portfolio has a different data source but I have a free account and noted on Fri 26 Nov that the SHARE prices had switched from GBX (pence) to GBP (Pounds). I use the Portfolio only on Fridays, so it may have changed earlier in that week. Anyway I happened to look at my Portfolio today 21 Dec and noted that it had switched share prices back from GBP to GBX.

Why this matters, apart from the x100 scale factor is that MS's source of GBP prices is supplying the CLOSING prices for the previous day. I could demonstrate this by clicking on a share name and then on the detail panel that appears I see the current GBX price in pence and the Closing price for the previous day being the value MS were showing in the Portfolio. The date of the erroneous share price is also the previous day's date, so it was obvious what data was being displayed. UK Fund (OEIC) prices (which are often not updated on MS until mid evening) are generally the same day, except for those domiciled outside the UK, such as some Royal London funds, but that has always been the case.

This is not the first time that MS have messed up their Portfolio prices. My notes say it occurred in July 2021. I do not have the exact dates, but I noted on 10 July 2021 that it had reverted to displaying share GBX prices after a few weeks showing day old GBP prices.

ivahunch
2 Lemon pips

Postby ivahunch » December 23rd, 2021, 7:18 am

I could demonstrate this by clicking on a share name and then on the detail panel that appears I see the current GBX price in pence and the Closing price for the previous day being the value MS were showing in the Portfolio.

Yes this problem is still ongoing - they have said they are aware of the "product bug". But I am very surprised that such a global supplier of financial data has been unable to fix it yet!

ivahunch
2 Lemon pips

Postby ivahunch » December 23rd, 2021, 1:05 pm

But I am very surprised that such a global supplier of financial data has been unable to fix it yet!

But they seem to just have!

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » December 23rd, 2021, 1:21 pm

i have a portfolio on lseg - london stock exchange group .

the portfolio hasnt been showing prices or values this week .

i have messaged them to no avail .

same problem caused by common supplier perhaps ?

:?

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”