Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Addition to company data sheet

Discussions regarding financial software
granretire
2 Lemon pips

Addition to company data sheet

Postby granretire » January 17th, 2022, 12:25 pm

Please can you add Regional Reit Ltd (RGL) to the company data sheet when convenient

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Addition to company data sheet

Postby monabri » January 17th, 2022, 12:30 pm

granretire wrote:Please can you add Regional Reit Ltd (RGL) to the company data sheet when convenient

If you are referring to HYPTUSS, isn't it already there?

Apologies if you mean to add to something else.

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 17th, 2022, 12:42 pm

Sorry, it wasn't there when I looked, or rather I couldn't find it. Visit to Specsavers needed!
Once one was able to type the first letter of the required company name when adding a share, but that doesn't seem to work now. LibreOffice (7.2.4.1 (x64), windows 11

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 17th, 2022, 12:48 pm

granretire wrote:Sorry, it wasn't there when I looked, or rather I couldn't find it. Visit to Specsavers needed!
Once one was able to type the first letter of the required company name when adding a share, but that doesn't seem to work now. LibreOffice (7.2.4.1 (x64), windows 11

I think it is working the way it always worked..... you first need to click somewhere in the list of companies in the "Add Share" dialog, then you can type the first letter

--kiloran

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » January 17th, 2022, 1:23 pm

I had similar problems, then realised that typing first character takes you to the first instance of that character. So if the data sheet is not in alphabetical order you have to keeping going until you find it. Or that is what I assumed at the time.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 17th, 2022, 1:26 pm

seagles wrote:I had similar problems, then realised that typing first character takes you to the first instance of that character. So if the data sheet is not in alphabetical order you have to keeping going until you find it. Or that is what I assumed at the time.

Yes, that's why the data sheet is sorted by company name as a default.

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 17th, 2022, 2:07 pm

I click on 'Add share' button, and the list is displayed (starting with 3i group) with a pale blue background. The Company name, EPIC and sector also have a pale blue background. I can't type a letter in Company Name. Selecting a company from the list displayed puts that company in Company name, etc. (all still with the pale blue background). The only field I can enter is Quantity (white background)
If I wished to enter Hornby (say), I have to scroll down the list of companies till I find it. There is no way that I can get to the list starting with H
(LibreOffice 7.2.4.1 (x64), windows 11)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 17th, 2022, 3:06 pm

granretire wrote:I click on 'Add share' button, and the list is displayed (starting with 3i group) with a pale blue background. The Company name, EPIC and sector also have a pale blue background. I can't type a letter in Company Name. Selecting a company from the list displayed puts that company in Company name, etc. (all still with the pale blue background). The only field I can enter is Quantity (white background)
If I wished to enter Hornby (say), I have to scroll down the list of companies till I find it. There is no way that I can get to the list starting with H
(LibreOffice 7.2.4.1 (x64), windows 11)

That sounds odd.
When you open the Add Share dialog, you should see the list of companies, in alphabetical order, starting with 3i Group. If you click on any company in the list, it should change from pale blue to dark blue, indicating that you have made that window active. If you then hit the letter H on your keyboard, that should then move you to the first company starting with H (Halfords Group).
You cannot type in the Company Name, Epic or Sector fields below the list of companies, those fields are display-only.

I'm using LibreOffice 7.1.2.4 but I would not expect 7.2.4.1 to operate any differently

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 17th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Thank you, that's where I was going wrong. I thought that I should enter H in the company name field below the list. I agree that having selected a company and then hitting a suitable letter (eg H), the list moves to H companies. Sorry to be so dense

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”