Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Alerts

Discussions regarding financial software
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Alerts

Postby Clitheroekid » May 15th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Can anyone recommend a simple to set up and use alert system?

Ideally, I just want to be able to receive a message on my iPhone that will tell me if the price of a given share has hit a specified level.

Moderator Message:
Not for other investing board. Raptor.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Alerts

Postby Itsallaguess » May 15th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:
Can anyone recommend a simple to set up and use alert system?

Ideally, I just want to be able to receive a message on my iPhone that will tell me if the price of a given share has hit a specified level.

Interactive Investor offer a free account which enables the setting up of price-alerts :-

http://www.iii.co.uk/our-services/free-research-account

I'm not sure if these alerts will send a text, as I've only ever used them for email alerts, but I will assume that an email alert to your Iphone will give you the same level of awareness?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Alerts

Postby Clitheroekid » May 17th, 2017, 12:39 am

Itsallaguess wrote:Interactive Investor offer a free account which enables the setting up of price-alerts :-

http://www.iii.co.uk/our-services/free-research-account

I'm not sure if these alerts will send a text, as I've only ever used them for email alerts, but I will assume that an email alert to your Iphone will give you the same level of awareness?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Many thanks, to my shame I actually use iii as my main trading platform, but I'd never realised this was available.

I've set it up as a test, and it works excellently, sending alerts by text and/or email as soon as the price passes a set point, which was exactly what I wanted.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”