Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUS Price charts

Discussions regarding financial software
spiderbill
Lemon Slice

HYPTUS Price charts

Postby spiderbill » May 17th, 2017, 10:05 am

It looks as if, as Itsallaguess feared, the price charts have stopped working due to the Yahoo layout revamp. None of mine were showing yesterday or this morning. A pity, as the Digital Look graphs are slower to appear and not as useful.

cheers

Spiderbill

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUS Price charts

Postby kiloran » May 17th, 2017, 10:45 am

spiderbill wrote:It looks as if, as Itsallaguess feared, the price charts have stopped working due to the Yahoo layout revamp. None of mine were showing yesterday or this morning. A pity, as the Digital Look graphs are slower to appear and not as useful.

cheers

Spiderbill

DRAT!!!!
I'll investigate to so if there is another solution.
Many thanks for the heads-up

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » May 17th, 2017, 12:22 pm

By the way when the Yahoo updating stopped working I ran a Macro update price by selecting it from the menu Tools/RunMacros/then get a notice about needing Java, please reinstall/then hyp2017.ods/hyptopup/standard/hypupdpri/update price It then worked OK.

Is there a way I can avoid having to do this?

Excellent spreadsheet by the way, well done and thank you.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 17th, 2017, 12:52 pm

tea42 wrote:By the way when the Yahoo updating stopped working I ran a Macro update price by selecting it from the menu Tools/RunMacros/then get a notice about needing Java, please reinstall/then hyp2017.ods/hyptopup/standard/hypupdpri/update price It then worked OK.

Is there a way I can avoid having to do this?

Excellent spreadsheet by the way, well done and thank you.

Sounds like you are using LibreOffice/OpenOffice.
  1. It does help if you specify the OS, HYPTUSS version and LibreOffice/OpenOffice version
  2. Why do you access the macros using Tools/Macros etc instead of using the buttons?
  3. You appear to be trying to run the old Basic macro which hasn't been used or maintained for almost 4 years. The current macros are all Python

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » May 17th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Sorry it's Open Office 4.1.3 If I press the get Yahoo prices button a panel full of gobbledygook comes up saying runtime exception error invoking function hypupdpri in module and.sun.star.tdoc/2/scripts hyptopup, then a list of files.

Seems to get the correct prices though?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm

tea42 wrote:Sorry it's Open Office 4.1.3 If I press the get Yahoo prices button a panel full of gobbledygook comes up saying runtime exception error invoking function hypupdpri in module and.sun.star.tdoc/2/scripts hyptopup, then a list of files.

Seems to get the correct prices though?

I downloaded a fresh copy of hyp_top-up_version-b-c-2.ods and installed OpenOffice Portable 4.1.3 and it's all working fine on my Windows 7 laptop. Added more shares and it performed flawlessly. Also tried on OpenOffice 3.2.0 and various versions of LibreOffice and no problems.
It does look as though it is trying to run the old Basic script hypupdpri (which still works for me) instead of the Python script HypUpdPriPy. I've no idea why, I've never seen such a problem.

If you right-click on the button "Get Yahoo Prices" and select "Assign Macro", you should see Assigned Action "py$HypUpdPriPy?|language=Python........"
Is that what you see?

I can only guess that you have a corruption of some sort, so I would try a fresh copy of hyp_top-up_version-b-c-2.ods and try again. If it still fails, maybe try reinstalling OpenOffice.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 17th, 2017, 4:05 pm

spiderbill wrote:It looks as if, as Itsallaguess feared, the price charts have stopped working due to the Yahoo layout revamp. None of mine were showing yesterday or this morning. A pity, as the Digital Look graphs are slower to appear and not as useful.

cheers

Spiderbill

Itsallaguess and I have found 3 possible alternative solutions and I've got the bare bones of one of them working for us to test, so I think we can be hopeful of keeping the charts facility. Might take a wee while to implement, though.

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » May 17th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Downloaded a new version and all working fine, Thanks Kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 17th, 2017, 4:27 pm

tea42 wrote:Downloaded a new version and all working fine, Thanks Kiloran

Excellent news!
--kiloran

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » May 18th, 2017, 12:06 am

kiloran wrote:Itsallaguess and I have found 3 possible alternative solutions and I've got the bare bones of one of them working for us to test, so I think we can be hopeful of keeping the charts facility. Might take a wee while to implement, though.

--kiloran

Late replying as I've been over in the West of Scotland visiting my dad who had a (thankfully minor) stroke at the weekend.

That's fast work and good news - well done, and I'm sure we'll all be happy to await your testing and developments. Sincere thanks as always.

cheers

Spiderbill

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”