Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

digital Look forecasts

Discussions regarding financial software
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

digital Look forecasts

Postby Raptor » December 9th, 2016, 2:13 pm

I just run "get digital look forecasts" on HYPTUS and every share come up as n/a. Checked the web-site using the "open dl" button and low and behold no forecast yields anymore. Did we not see this before on another financial site and the "explanation" was it was deemed as advice by the FCA or some such rubbish, but it was still shown on another page.

Hope this is only temporary blip.

Raptor.

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Re: digital Look forecasts

Postby robbelg » December 9th, 2016, 3:32 pm

I'm very glad you posted that. I've just updated to the latest version and was pulling my hair out over what I'd done wrong !

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 9th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Raptor wrote:I just run "get digital look forecasts" on HYPTUS and every share come up as n/a. Checked the web-site using the "open dl" button and low and behold no forecast yields anymore. Did we not see this before on another financial site and the "explanation" was it was deemed as advice by the FCA or some such rubbish, but it was still shown on another page.

Hope this is only temporary blip.

Raptor.

It was Morningstar: http://boards.fool.co.uk/broker-forecas ... e#13415824

I see that another page has a problem just now: http://www.digitallook.com/equity/Admir ... financials so let's hope it's just a temporary anomaly

--kiloran

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Postby StepOne » December 9th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Yes, looks like all forecasts on Digitallook are "n/a" at the moment. For example ;

http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/forecast

They were there this morning because I updated my own spreadsheet, manually from this page. Hopefully they will be back at some point...!

StepOne

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » December 9th, 2016, 5:02 pm

I think they have some problems. I clicked on one of the tabs and got a very strange and weird message. Hopefully it is temporary.

Raptor.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » December 9th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Raptor wrote:I think they have some problems. I clicked on one of the tabs and got a very strange and weird message. Hopefully it is temporary.

Raptor.

I have a DigitalLook portfolio. Late last night I clicked my bookmark to check the portfolio. Normally that brings up a login page, last night it just had a single line of blue text across the middle of a white page saying something like...

There's a problem with this page, try again later.

eyeball08
Lemon Pip

Postby eyeball08 » December 10th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm on HYPTUSS v11.21 and it is not doing forecast yields for company shares at all but it IS giving forecast yields for the 4 Investment Trusts I lump in with my HYP. The reverse has been the case previously.

Reading the preceding posts, sounds like it is a Digital Look problem rather than the spreadsheet itself.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 10th, 2016, 6:06 pm

eyeball08 wrote:I'm on HYPTUSS v11.21 and it is not doing forecast yields for company shares at all but it IS giving forecast yields for the 4 Investment Trusts I lump in with my HYP. The reverse has been the case previously.

Digital Look have never provided forecast yields for investment trusts, so we have always used Latest Yield. See FAQ item 6: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... p-faq.html

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 12th, 2016, 5:08 am

Digital Look Forecast Yields appear to be working again this morning, with the relevant yield data now present again on the share pages.

Checked my HYP this morning using the latest HYPTUSS download, and all works as expected.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Postby StepOne » December 13th, 2016, 9:32 am

Although the BHP Billiton dividend forecast still looks strange.

On the FTSE 100 page (http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/forecast) the forecast div column shows 24.86 pence. But when I click through to the individual equity page (http://www.digitallook.com/equity/BHP_Billiton) the forecast shows as 43.21 pence.

That's quite a difference.

StepOne

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 13th, 2016, 3:31 pm

StepOne wrote:
Although the BHP Billiton dividend forecast still looks strange.

On the FTSE 100 page (http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/forecast) the forecast div column shows 24.86 pence. But when I click through to the individual equity page (http://www.digitallook.com/equity/BHP_Billiton) the forecast shows as 43.21 pence.

That's quite a difference.

StepOne

Hi StepOne,

Didn't we come to the conclusion, during earlier discussions around this topic back on the TMF boards, that the Digital Look 'FTSE100 page' dividend forecasts were a complete waste of time?

This post and wider thread was where I remember looking at this in the past -

http://boards.fool.co.uk/okay-so-the-di ... 35841.aspx

Not sure if anything has changed since then, as I simply never concern myself with the data on the FTSE100 page. We use the forecast yield data on the individual share-pages, and whilst it's not updated as often as people may like, it was seen to be accurate the last time we looked at it with a wide scope of investigation.

Obviously there's been a recent issue with that data not being available, but it looks to have sorted itself out now.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Postby StepOne » December 13th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Didn't we come to the conclusion, during earlier discussions around this topic back on the TMF boards, that the Digital Look 'FTSE100 page' dividend forecasts were a complete waste of time?

I remember that they don't match, but I'm not sure whether we ever decided for sure which one was right and which one was wrong ... or even whether both were wrong!

I checked the forecasts for all the other shares in my HYP and the 'FTSE-100 page' figure matched the Individual page figure. It was only BHP Billiton which has the discrepancy, which was the case in the discussions we had on TMF. One day I will check the rest of the FTSE-100 epics.

Unfortunately for me, my very manual update process still relies on copying and pasting the FTSE-100 forecasts page. I really should upgrade to the HYPTUSS one of these days...

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 13th, 2016, 4:11 pm

StepOne wrote:

I remember that they don't match, but I'm not sure whether we ever decided for sure which one was right and which one was wrong ... or even whether both were wrong!

I checked the forecasts for all the other shares in my HYP and the 'FTSE-100 page' figure matched the Individual page figure. It was only BHP Billiton which has the discrepancy, which was the case in the discussions we had on TMF. One day I will check the rest of the FTSE-100 epics.

Unfortunately for me, my very manual update process still relies on copying and pasting the FTSE-100 forecasts page. I really should upgrade to the HYPTUSS one of these days...

Having taken a closer look, I see what you mean now regarding the information on the individual BHP Billiton share page -

http://tinyurl.com/mwfm3jl

In the 'Key Financials' areas, they are showing a forecast yield of 1.8%, which is the figure we'd pull in for use in the HYPTUSS tool.

In the lower 'Forecast' section, however, they are showing a forecast-dividend figure of 43.21p, along with a Yield figure of 3.2%, which doesn't even tally with the data on the same page, never mind if we compare if to the FTSE100 page data, and seems far too generous a forecast unless I've missed something fundamental in the recent company news...

The last two dividend payments amounted to 22.2p, which against a current share-price of 1357p gives a rough historical yield of 1.636%, so I'd stick with the forecast 1.8% shown in the area we scrape the data from, which seems to also align with the 24.86p shown on the FTSE100 page, which would give a tad over 1.8% against a price of 1357p.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”