Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

was Digital look, then webfg now sharecast

Discussions regarding financial software
kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

was Digital look, then webfg now sharecast

Postby kempiejon » February 20th, 2019, 11:17 pm

webfg now goes to sharecast, here's where the open DL Site button for AG Barr sends me now. https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Barr_AG

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: was Digital look, then webfg now sharecast

Postby Breelander » February 21st, 2019, 12:58 am

kempiejon wrote:webfg now goes to sharecast, here's where the open DL Site button for AG Barr sends me now. https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Barr_AG

Sharecast and DigitalLook have always been brand names owned by the same group, even before WebFG bought them out. Seems WebFG have decided to use their Sharecast branding for their site now. It's exactly the same page as it used to be under the WebFG name.

Now if you really want the old DL pages from the DL button (I presume you have a Portfolio/Watchlist on the DL site) then open DL as you normally do then change the url in the address bar from www.digitallook.... to finance.digitallook.... and hit Enter to reload the page. The DL button will now send you here: http://finance.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/ ... 7&id=10937

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » February 21st, 2019, 1:17 am

Breelander wrote:Now if you really want the old DL pages from the DL button (I presume you have a Portfolio/Watchlist on the DL site) then open DL as you normally do ...

Re-reading your post I now realise you mean the DL button in HYPTUSS. It may be possible for Kiloran to add an option in HYPTUSS to use the finance.digitallook version of the url instead of the one that redirects to WebFG/Sharecast.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 21st, 2019, 9:24 am

Breelander wrote:
Re-reading your post I now realise you mean the DL button in HYPTUSS. It may be possible for Kiloran to add an option in HYPTUSS to use the finance.digitallook version of the url instead of the one that redirects to WebFG/Sharecast.

Yes I did mean the button from within my HYPTUSS, it was a comment for information rather than requesting change. I have used your pointer finance.digitallook for the old digital look pages ta for that. Just after the change I did notice webfg was a bit flakey though seems improved now.

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » February 28th, 2019, 11:20 pm

Breelander wrote:Now if you really want the old DL pages from the DL button (I presume you have a Portfolio/Watchlist on the DL site) then open DL as you normally do then change the url in the address bar from www.digitallook.... to finance.digitallook.... and hit Enter to reload the page.

It looks like even this hack has stopped working... :(
No longer able to get to my DL portfolio

torata

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » February 28th, 2019, 11:54 pm

torata wrote:
Breelander wrote:Now if you really want the old DL pages from the DL button (I presume you have a Portfolio/Watchlist on the DL site) then open DL as you normally do then change the url in the address bar from www.digitallook.... to finance.digitallook.... and hit Enter to reload the page.

It looks like even this hack has stopped working... :(
No longer able to get to my DL portfolio

torata

Yes, most of my direct links 'workarounds' have stopped working and now divert to the WebFG/Sharcast login page.

However... I can still get into my portfolios. Go to this link: http://finance.digitallook.com

Click the Login button, top right. Sign in with your DL name/password. You can then click the Portfolio tab and see your portfolios as usual.

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » March 1st, 2019, 9:31 am

Breelander wrote:Yes, most of my direct links 'workarounds' have stopped working and now divert to the WebFG/Sharcast login page.

However... I can still get into my portfolios. Go to this link: http://finance.digitallook.com

Click the Login button, top right. Sign in with your DL name/password. You can then click the Portfolio tab and see your portfolios as usual.

:D

torata

meldrewlives
Lemon Pip

Postby meldrewlives » March 1st, 2019, 3:20 pm

Good one Bree - wonder how long this will last.

Can't understand why they would want to alienate people - they don't need to do that to progress whatever brand focus they are trying to achieve.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 1st, 2019, 3:35 pm

meldrewlives wrote:Good one Bree - wonder how long this will last.

Can't understand why they would want to alienate people - they don't need to do that to progress whatever brand focus they are trying to achieve.

The first time round the redirections got less 'draconian' after a week or so. Us 'free' customers they can alienate without consequence - but I bet the paying customers had something to say about it, both back then and now!

Upgrade to Research Plus from as little as £20 a month!
.... Research Plus members have access to live prices, streaming charts and unlimited Level 2 real-time data...

http://finance.digitallook.com/research_plus

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”