Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

iOS Stocks app

Discussions regarding financial software
dave559
Lemon Pip

iOS Stocks app

Postby dave559 » February 19th, 2019, 11:07 pm

Is it just me, or is the iOS Stocks app sometimes a bit erratic?

Often it seems not to be able to display graphs for certain time periods, or the data shown jumps wildly (as if inaccurate or non-accessible for several days), or sometimes seems to lack data for the most recent past few hours, or, sometimes, even days?

Is there an alternative stock ticker app for iOS that any of you might recommend instead?

EverybodyKnows
2 Lemon pips

Re: iOS Stocks app

Postby EverybodyKnows » February 20th, 2019, 7:57 pm

It is not just you - I have found it to be very hit or miss especially with regards the charts and news functions. These often do not update for long periods or are blank. Investment Trusts are a particular problem as well where you can expect little to no functionality beyond today's price.

I do not know a better option so would be interested in hearing the thoughts of others.

dave559
Lemon Pip

Re: iOS Stocks app

Postby dave559 » February 23rd, 2019, 4:45 pm

Thanks, that's useful to know that it's not just me who has noticed problems. You would think that Apple would take more care to ensure that one of their own pre-installed apps is accurate (although I suspect that maybe the problem might be more in the data feed than in the app itself?).

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”