Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS 11.67 and b-j1 bug fixes

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS 11.67 and b-j1 bug fixes

Postby kiloran » March 18th, 2019, 8:27 pm

Versions 11.65 and b-j were released just over a week ago: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16689

Some problems were found in the LibreOffice version :
  1. Non-LSE shares cause problems with Yahoo price retrieval: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16689#p207079
    This is fixed in version b-j1. No price will be retrieved for a non-LSE share, and a warning is issued at the end of the process
  2. Week Ahead function did not work correctly: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16689&start=20#p207142
    Fixed in version b-j1
  3. Sector Weighting chart worked incorrectly for very low holdings (less than 0.1%): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16689&start=20#p207280
    Fixed in version b-j1

For the Excel and LibreOffice versions, we've also made a minor change to the format of the Overview data for pasting into a Lemon Fool post. This now shows 2 decimals places instead of 1, following a small change to Lemon Fool which allows wider tables.

I've also decided to reduce/stop support for OpenOffice and concentrate on LibreOffice. For most spreadsheets, LibreOffice and OpenOffice are pretty much identical. However HYPTUSS macros tend to push the boundaries and I've found an increasing number of bugs and inconsistencies in OpenOffice which cause HYPTUSS to fail, and trying to make HYPTUSS work in both environments has become too onerous. I'll help where I can, but I strongly recommend you use LibreOffice.
OpenOffice uses Python 2.7 (whereas LibreOffice uses Python 3.3) and I believe 2.7 will reach end-of-life on 01Jan2020, so I would think OpenOffice will have to be updated before then. If it is updated, I'll reconsider OpenOffice support.

The updated versions are available here: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

If the above bugs don't affect you, there is no need to upgrade.

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”