Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS - minor issue

Discussions regarding financial software
monabri
Lemon Half

HYPTUSS - minor issue

Postby monabri » June 4th, 2019, 10:23 am

I've sort of been ignoring this as it is a minor issue but If there's a simple "cure" then it would be appreciated! ;)

When I update HYPTUSS, I get a formatting error on the Sector Name for the first company in the list ...if I cut and past from the cell below, it restores the Sector name. No other cells are affected in this manner.

https://postimg.cc/MfxwhDdq

(I admit to use vintage HYPTUSS V11.52 in 64 bit Windows 10 (Excel).)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS - minor issue

Postby kiloran » June 4th, 2019, 11:08 am

I don't see this problem.

I took a fresh copy of 11.52 (on 64-bit windows 10 and Excel 2010), added your shares and then deleted the default BP. Updating prices from Yahoo or yields from Digital Look worked normally.

It looks like your copy is corrupted. My guess is that Cell D6 has somehow become formatted as Text. If I right-click on D6 and format as text, then update the prices, I see the formula in D6, rather than the sector.

If you right-click in D6 and select Format Cells, which Category is highlighted? My guess is Text. Change this to General, then update the prices, and hopefully everything is then OK.

--kiloran

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: HYPTUSS - minor issue

Postby monabri » June 4th, 2019, 4:14 pm

kiloran wrote:
It looks like your copy is corrupted. My guess is that Cell D6 has somehow become formatted as Text. If I right-click on D6 and format as text, then update the prices, I see the formula in D6, rather than the sector.

If you right-click in D6 and select Format Cells, which Category is highlighted? My guess is Text. Change this to General, then update the prices, and hopefully everything is then OK.

--kiloran

Thanks kiloran - that sorted it! I don't know how/when I managed to format the cell to "text" rather than "general" :roll:

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”