Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Internet Banking Plus

Discussions regarding financial software
Nocton
Lemon Slice

Internet Banking Plus

Postby Nocton » July 27th, 2019, 9:35 am

HSBC/First Direct have announced, with only 4 weeks notice ("We wanted to give you as much notice as possible to give you time to make other arrangements " !!), that they are closing Internet Banking Plus. I have used a Money Manager since Egg introduced it and then after Yorkshire BS took it over and then closed it I switched to Internet Banking Plus. I find it very convenient to be able to see several bank accounts, including two club ones I manage, in one place and without having to remember lots of passwords. Can anyone recommend a good replacement for Internet Banking Plus? And preferably one that will not be closing soon. I would be happy to pay an annual management charge for the convenience.

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Internet Banking Plus

Postby mutantpoodle » July 27th, 2019, 11:30 am

posted july 15 on 'banking' pages here
so 6 weeks notice.still not a lot though!

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » July 27th, 2019, 11:59 am

Nocton wrote:Can anyone recommend a good replacement for Internet Banking Plus? And preferably one that will not be closing soon. I would be happy to pay an annual management charge for the convenience.

I'm afraid that I can't recommend anyone, because such agregation is not something that I would wish to do.

HOWEVER, you should be able to find someone without too much work. The has been a quiet revolution called "open banking" which means that most banks have put secure methods in place to allow what you wish, which may be why older (less secure) methods are being dropped.

I would start by asking HSBC/First Direct if they have or can recommend a bank "agregator". It's not impossible that they offer one themselves.
I'm unclear if HSBC's "connected money" talks to other banks, but it may. NatWest, Lloyds and Halifax offer such a service.
https://www.altfi.com/article/5100_natw ... en-banking
First Direct certainly can help.
https://www.fintech.finance/01-news/fir ... p-in-2019/

Given that TLF has financial roots it's not impossible that you have a broker account with one of the common platforms. Try them. I do know that A J Bell offer something called MyWealth.
https://www.youinvest.co.uk/our-services/mywealth

I'm not sure that it would be appropriate to add a managed club account, but as the club would have to instruct their bank to allow it, there certainly shouldn't be a problem with the banks.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » July 27th, 2019, 3:19 pm

This interesting Topic has continued over at Bank Accounts etc:

viewtopic.php?p=236785#p236785

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”