Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

ADVFN

Discussions regarding financial software
cinelli
Lemon Slice

ADVFN

Postby cinelli » March 31st, 2020, 11:47 am

I have used ADVFN for years and have never paid a subscription. I use it sparingly to find the spread of stocks and don't mind if the information stays on the screen for only a few seconds before I am logged out. But for the last couple of days all I get is an invitation to "Upgrade to get Unlimited Access". Does anyone know if there is still a free service?

Cinelli

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: ADVFN

Postby kiloran » March 31st, 2020, 11:52 am

cinelli wrote:I have used ADVFN for years and have never paid a subscription. I use it sparingly to find the spread of stocks and don't mind if the information stays on the screen for only a few seconds before I am logged out. But for the last couple of days all I get is an invitation to "Upgrade to get Unlimited Access". Does anyone know if there is still a free service?

Cinelli

I find that data from the "Quote" button does what you say, but if you click on the "Financials" button, the data stays there permanently and probably gives you all the info you need.

--kiloran

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » March 31st, 2020, 12:05 pm

If you go onto their discussion boards for particular shares, the graph does show real time prices when set to a period of 1 day, but it does not show the spread. On the down side, I have to say find some of their IT graphs are sadly lacking, but it is free so I shouldn't complain.

If you decide to actually READ some of the "discussions" there, then beware, it really is a different world and shows why the moderation here is so important.

cinelli
Lemon Slice

Postby cinelli » March 31st, 2020, 12:59 pm

mike wrote:If you decide to actually READ some of the "discussions" there, then beware, it really is a different world and shows why the moderation here is so important.

Thanks both. I have never read any of the ADVFN boards. After your comment, I see no reason to change.

Cinelli

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » March 31st, 2020, 9:24 pm

If you use the ADVFN app, the data remains on your screen after the exhortation to subscribe. This is unlike the website, where the page is replaced by the subscribe now message. It's easy to get the screen refreshed, if you just click on one share in your portfolio or monitor, the backspace and you are back with the list for a while.

TJH

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”