Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUS price scrape error

Discussions regarding financial software
teecee90
2 Lemon pips

HYPTUS price scrape error

Postby teecee90 » April 30th, 2020, 10:51 am

I'm getting an error when pressing the Get Yahoo Prices button... "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again", but only on the Watchlist sheet, the High Yield Portfolio sheet still works fine. Anyone else having this or can suggest a solution?

Thanks

teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Re: HYPTUS price scrape error

Postby teecee90 » April 30th, 2020, 11:06 am

Sorted - errors was being caused by inclusion of Bovis Homes - presumably they have changed their name or ticker.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » April 30th, 2020, 11:40 am

teecee90 wrote:Sorted - errors was being caused by inclusion of Bovis Homes - presumably they have changed their name or ticker.

Yes, now Vistry Group PLC, ticker = VTY

RC

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 30th, 2020, 12:38 pm

teecee90 wrote:
Anyone else having this or can suggest a solution?

I'm glad to see you've got sorted on this, and that it was an old EPIC code that was causing the problem, but just for completeness and for info to anyone else that might use the HYPTUSS tool and have any problems in the future - our first port of call with any issues at all related to the HYPTUSS tool would be to ask anyone with a problem to download the current vanilla version of the tool from the source website, and then check if that vanilla-download works for them -

http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/hyp-top-up.html

I only mention this because the vanilla downloads will only ever be populated by a single share, BP, and this initial 'sanity-check' test will very often help to clearly show if any issues that people might be seeing with their own portfolios is replicated with the single-share vanilla version of the tool...

Kiloran or I are always likely to ask people reporting problems to first download the vanilla version and test it out anyway, so we'd always recommend people do that first before even raising a problem, if they can remember to do so, just to help save everyone some time initially, and it often allows an opportunity for anyone who's having a problem to learn for themselves if an issue is 'local' to their particular version of the tool, rather than to the tool itself..

The above is just for general info really, and to help anyone with possible future general issues, but I'm glad to hear you're back up and running again with your own working ticker.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”