Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

"Scripting Framework error..."

Discussions regarding financial software
floyd3592
Lemon Pip

"Scripting Framework error..."

Postby floyd3592 » August 26th, 2020, 10:51 am

HYPTUSS version: - b-m
Operating system:- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Libre Office version: - 6.3.4.2

Following the instructions in the User Guide about 'Migrating to a new version of HYPTUSS' and after pasting in the share tickers and amounts of shares held into the latest version of HYPTUSS, when I click on the 'Get Prices' button I get the following error message:-

"A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the Python script vnd.sun.star.script:HypTopUp.py$HypFcstYldPy?language=Python&location=document.

Message: <class 'pythonscript.com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException'>: Got no data stream!
File "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/Resources/pythonscript.py", line 1062, in getScript
mod = self.provCtx.getModuleByUrl( fileUri )
File "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/Resources/pythonscript.py", line 486, in getModuleByUrl
src = readTextFromStream( self.sfa.openFileRead( url ) )"

What am doing wrong?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: "Scripting Framework error..."

Postby kiloran » August 26th, 2020, 11:33 am

Sorry to hear about your problems. I just tried version b-m on Windows and LibreOffice 6.4.2.2 and it's working fine.

1. You mention migrating to a new version. What version did you use previously and is that still working OK?
  2. You have added shares. What happens if you donload a fresh version of b-m and run it as-is for the single share of BP?
  3. You mentioned that you clicked on the "Get Prices" button, but the error message you provided suggests that you clicked on the "Get Sharecast Forecast Yields" button. Can you confirm that you get that error message while clicking on the "Get Prices" button?
I don't have access to a Mac, so we may have to bounce back and forth a bit to home in on the problem

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”