Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

import latest fund (OEIC) prices in excel

Discussions regarding financial software
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: import latest fund (OEIC) prices in excel

Postby mc2fool » August 29th, 2020, 9:41 pm

amittal6 wrote:

Alternatively you could just use HYPTUSS as is. ;)

Thanks mc2fool. I tried but not able to go past the code error issue. Could you suggest?

I take it you didn't just use HYPTUSS as is, nor my "even easier way" suggestion but rather tried copying the code into your own spreadsheet...

amittal6 wrote:I think the problem in HYPTUSS tool is with below line:

Set html = New HTMLDocument ' New MSHTML.HTMLDocument

You don't say what the actual error you get is, but my guess is that you're missing the object library reference for the HTML object; maybe others too.

Go into the VBA Editor in both HYPTUSS and your spreadsheet and select menu item Tools->References and make sure the same libraries are ticked in yours as in HYPTUSS.

HistoryRepeatsItself

Postby HistoryRepeatsItself » February 15th, 2022, 6:07 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
If you or anyone else wants to incorporate this VBA process into your own financial spreadsheets, then the password for the VBA code access is 'pleaseletmein'
Itsallaguess

I've imported the VBA code for the OEIC element into my own tracker spreadsheet and it works a treat. Very slick, thank you! If I wanted to import other data from the FT tearsheet for each OEIC I hold (e.g. top 10 holdings, today's change %age, and performance over 3, 12 and 36 months), can that be done?

Many thanks!
HistoryRepeatsItself

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 17th, 2022, 4:57 pm

HistoryRepeatsItself wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
If you or anyone else wants to incorporate this VBA process into your own financial spreadsheets, then the password for the VBA code access is 'pleaseletmein'
Itsallaguess

I've imported the VBA code for the OEIC element into my own tracker spreadsheet and it works a treat. Very slick, thank you! If I wanted to import other data from the FT tearsheet for each OEIC I hold (e.g. top 10 holdings, today's change %age, and performance over 3, 12 and 36 months), can that be done?

Many thanks!
HistoryRepeatsItself

In principle, yes, but I have found that some data in the FT web pages is presented in image form rather than HTML text and so cannot be extracted

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”