Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS update to 11.73 and b-n

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS update to 11.73 and b-n

Postby kiloran » October 4th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Itsallaguess and I have made some enhancements to HYPTUSS.

Versions 11.73 (Excel) and b-n (LibreOffice) can be downloaded at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Changes are:

1. Fixed the problem with getting dividends from Stockopedia. See: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25053
    bailey56 wrote:I'm getting 'No Div' for all my shares when clicking update dividends using Stockopedia.

2. Added user-definable benchmarks on the Tracking sheet. See: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24822
    Urbandreamer wrote:I'd also like to make a suggestion for an experimental feature for the next version.
    Currently the FTSE and FTSE all are downloaded when you update, which makes benchmarking against those indexes very easy. If however what was downloaded could be obtained from the Parameters sheet then we could change that to benchmark against something else.

3. Removed currency formatting on the Dividends sheet and added a separate column for currency . See: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24822#p336347
    torata wrote:While this thread is live, can I make a different request for the currency and amount to be separated in the amount column in the dividend tab (in libreoffice version).
    Currently the currency is displayed through cell formatting as far as I can work out, so I'm unable to separate it out into it's own column (so that all dividends can converted to GBP)

torata

4. A column for Dividend Payment Amount (number of shares multiplied by Dividend) has been added to the Dividends sheet.
    GBP-USD and GBP-EUR exchange rates from Yahoo are also displayed, and used to convert non-GBP Dividend Payment Amounts to GBP. See:
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16937#p210141
    mrbrightside wrote:Could HYPTUSS be enhanced to read the current holding for XYZ (from the 'High Yield Portfolio' sheet) and calculate the forecast dividend in a new column ?

As a deluxe bonus (subscription only) option, could HYPTUSS be further enhanced to lookup the current 'USD/EUR' -> 'GBP currency conversion rate ?
    --
    Andy

5. Excessive use of the Dividend Data website to download dividends can cause the user to be locked out by the website, which is pity since the data is normally very good quality. We think we have found an acceptable alternative.
    Google keeps cached copies of many web pages, so the default option now is to try and download dividends from Dividend Data via the Google Cache. If that is unsuccessful, then data is read directly from Dividend Data. Since the Google Cache might be old, we also display the date of the Google Cache. Most popular shares tend to have cached data which is just a few days old, which is probably acceptable. Less-popular shares might be a week or two old. If the user does not like using the Google Cache, this can be disabled on the Parameters sheet, so all data then comes directly from Dividend Data.
    An example of a Google Cache page is: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk
    Use of the Google Cache is restricted to Dividend Data, since all of the other sources of dividend data tend to be more forgiving of frequent downloads

6. On the LibreOffice version, all remaining Basic code has been replaced by Python. This should be transparent to users, and hopefully I haven't screwed up anything in the process

To migrate to the new version of HYPTUSS, refer to Page 24 of the User Guide. This video created by Itsallaguess may help: https://vimeo.com/232215342

Have fun!

--kiloran

torata
Lemon Slice

Re: HYPTUSS update to 11.73 and b-n

Postby torata » October 4th, 2020, 2:22 pm

kiloran wrote:Itsallaguess and I have made some enhancements to HYPTUSS.

Versions 11.73 (Excel) and b-n (LibreOffice) can be downloaded at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

To migrate to the new version of HYPTUSS, refer to Page 24 of the User Guide. This video created by Itsallaguess may help: https://vimeo.com/232215342

Have fun!

--kiloran

Excellent - thank you

torata

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » October 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Gooday, Have downloaded this version, but still no divi update? Stay safe Dickie

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 5th, 2020, 7:00 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
Have downloaded this version, but still no divi update?

Hi Dickie,

Sorry, but we're going to need some more information than that if we're going to be able to help you.

Can you please tell us which version you've downloaded? Was it the Excel version or the LibreOffice version?

I've just downloaded the new Excel version and the new LibreOffice version from the normal software site (http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/hyp-top-up.html), and when I enable Macro's on both version and run the 'Update Dividends' button on the 'Dividends' sheet of both version, without making any other changes to the underlying HYP portfolio in either versions (so sticking with just the default BP holding...), then the dividend-update process works absolutely fine, using all four of the different data-source settings (ADVFN / Dividend Data / Sharecast / Stockopedia) on the 'Parameters' sheet...

You've not given us any details on just what the problem is that you're having with the dividend-update process, so can you please do two things for us?

1. Download the vanilla version again from the above software site, ENABLE the macros when you first open it, and then press the 'Update Dividends' button on the 'Dividends' sheet, and tell us what the result is? Do you eventually see a window that says 'Processing finished', and a value of £44.17 in the 'Dividend Payment Amount GPB' field?

2. As well as the above test, can you also please give us some additional details on the specific issue that you're having when you say 'still no divi update'?

Can you also please tell us the operating system that you're using to run the tool?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Jeff26

Postby Jeff26 » October 6th, 2020, 9:39 am

Thank you both once again for the sterling work you both put into maintaining and updating the software for the benefit of fellow Hyp investors.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 7th, 2020, 6:40 am

kiloran wrote:
  • Removed currency formatting on the Dividends sheet and added a separate column for currency.
  • A column for Dividend Payment Amount (number of shares multiplied by Dividend) has been added to the Dividends sheet.
  • GBP-USD and GBP-EUR exchange rates from Yahoo are also displayed, and used to convert non-GBP Dividend Payment Amounts to GBP.

I think it might be worth showing a new screen-shot of these three specific enhancements, because I think that together they bring a great set of improvements to the income data shown on the 'Dividends' sheet, so for anyone interested in seeing how these changes deliver an improved indication of expected portfolio dividends, a sample of holdings showing the improved layout of data can be seen here -

https://i.imgur.com/EvapPNX.png

Once again I'd like to thank kiloran for his continued interest and vital support in driving through these very useful updates to both versions of the tool.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » October 9th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Gooday Itsallaguess, I downloaded Excel version v11-73. Am using microsoft office 365. Having added my shares i try to save ,when i reopen it has reverted to only BP again. When i try divi update i get Run-time error'-2147012739(80072f7d)': & under this is :- An error occurred in the secure channel support.Then 4 options of which END is operative. Hope you can help me with this .Best regards stay safe, Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 9th, 2020, 5:59 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
I downloaded Excel version v11-73. Am using Microsoft office 365.

Having added my shares I try to save, when I reopen it has reverted to only BP again.

When I try divi update i get Run-time error'-2147012739(80072f7d)': & under this is :- An error occurred in the secure channel support.Then 4 options of which END is operative.

Hi Dickie,

I think the two issues you're having are distinct and unrelated, so if we can try to tackle them one at a time, I think that's probably the best way ahead.

Regarding the 'reverting to only BP again' issue, can I just check that when you first download the latest Excel version, it'll usually open the ZIP file that's downloaded, showing you both the Excel file and the User-Guide on PDF format.

From there, you will normally want to right-click on the Excel file, and then COPY it from the ZIP, and PASTE it onto your Windows Desktop somewhere. Once you've done that, you should be able to close the window showing the ZIP file with the two files inside it.

Once you've done that, you should then OPEN the HYPTUSS Excel file that you've not got on your DESKTOP, and from that point onwards, any portfolio modifications that you make should then be able to be SAVED back to that new desktop version of the file.

Can you please try the above instructions on their own first, and see if you're then able to see your portfolio changes after you've SAVED them from your DESKTOP version of the file?

On the second issue, where you're getting a 'Secure Channel Support' error, we've seen this issue in the past where some users running Windows 7 have this problem, so can you please confirm if you're also running Windows 7 on your PC Dickie?

If you are, then that's good news, because there's a really easy solution to this problem, which is to use the BLUE DOWNLOAD BUTTON on the following Microsoft 'Easy Fix' page, and SAVE the downloaded MSI file to your desktop -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi#easy

Once you've downloaded the above MSI 'Easy Fix' file, you can run it on your PC and it will carry out a fix for your PC that should solve the 'secure channel support' issue that you're seeing.

If you are running Windows 7, and you're in any way nervous regarding this secondary procedure, and I couldn't blame you for that if you were, then please have a read of the following thread where other Lemon Fool Windows 7 users were having the exact same HYPTUSS problem, and this 'Easy Fix' download solved the problem for them some time ago -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13594#p165353

I hope these instructions make sense Dickie, but if there's any problems with anything before you go ahead and try them, then please just let me know. The important thing regarding the second set of instructions, is that you should only follow those if you're using Windows 7 on your PC, but if you are, then you'll be fine to go ahead.

Please note that if you go ahead and apply the 'Easy Fix' MSI download file, then I'd recommend re-booting your Windows machine after you've run and applied the downloaded fix file, before you then try out the HYPTUSS dividend process, as doing that should ensure that the installed fix has been properly applied to your PC after it's booted back up..

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the above, and if either or both of the above fixes deliver some improved results for you.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » October 9th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Gooday Itsallaguess, Have been able to save & reopen ok now thanks. Can't down load the easy fix. Am using Windows professional 7. I think my updates are not working? This maybe why i can't down load easy fix. Stay safe regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 9th, 2020, 6:44 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
Have been able to save & reopen ok now thanks.

Great news - we're part way there then..

biffinsbridge wrote:
Can't down load the easy fix. Am using Windows professional 7. I think my updates are not working? This maybe why I can't down load easy fix.

Can you please describe exactly what happens when you click on the blue 'Download' button on the page below, including any error message that you might see, as it's not clear what you mean by 'Can't download the file'..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi#easy

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » October 9th, 2020, 6:48 pm

I click on the blue down load button & nothing happens. No messages or any thing? Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 9th, 2020, 7:00 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
I click on the blue down load button & nothing happens.

No messages or anything?

OK, thanks - I'm not quite sure why that should happen.

I've uploaded the 'Easy Fix' file to this location, if you want to try downloading it from there?

https://gofile.io/d/VO8naN

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

biffinsbridge
Lemon Pip

Postby biffinsbridge » October 9th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Evening Itsallaguess, All done & working great Thank you very much for your time & patience, very much appreciated.Stay safe very best regards Dickie.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 9th, 2020, 8:37 pm

biffinsbridge wrote:
Evening Itsallaguess,

All done & working great

Thank you very much for your time & patience, very much appreciated.

Stay safe very best regards Dickie.

Great news, and thanks for coming back and letting us know that you're all up and running now.

I hope you enjoy using the tool.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

miner1000
2 Lemon pips

Postby miner1000 » October 10th, 2020, 9:53 am

Can anyone explain in layman's language why this tool does not run on Office for Mac 2020?

Thanks,

Miner

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 10th, 2020, 10:04 am

miner1000 wrote:
Can anyone explain in layman's language why this tool does not run on Office for Mac 2020?

I don't think the Excel VBA internals are the same between Windows and Mac. I know that ActiveX controls are a real no-no, and there are other DLL related differences too.

Out of interest, does the macOS LibreOffice version work on your Mac OK?

https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/install-howto/macos/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » October 12th, 2020, 12:10 pm

In running 'get Sharecast forecast yields' for version 11.73 I get
Run-time error -2147012879 (80072ef1)
The operation has been cancelled
when it gets to Just Group (JUST). I have added Just Group to the company data sheet and yahoo finds the current price.

Excel 2010, windows 10.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 12th, 2020, 12:24 pm

granretire wrote:
In running 'get Sharecast forecast yields' for version 11.73 I get

when it gets to Just Group (JUST). I have added Just Group to the company data sheet and yahoo finds the current price.

Excel 2010, windows 10.

Hi granretire,

On the new line that you've entered for JUST in the 'Company Data Sheet', did you enter anything in the first Column A field?

That's the column that the tool will look in for the data required for the 'Forecast Yield' function to work correctly, and when I put the following data into Column A on the new 'Company Data Sheet' line for Just Group, it will bring back the expected forecast dividend data without any issues -

/equity/Just_Group

The above process is explained on Page 18 of the HYPTUSS user-guide.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 12th, 2020, 12:42 pm

granretire wrote:In running 'get Sharecast forecast yields' for version 11.73 I get

Excel 2010, windows 10.

I've added JUST to the "company_data_sheet.txt" at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
It will be included in future revisions of the HYPTUSS

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » October 12th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Thank you both for your prompt replies. I don't see any difference in your entry for Just Group than mine, but I have slotted into the company data sheet in its alphabetical place rather than at the end where I put my 'extra' companies. And it has worked fine! One of the mysteries of life. It also worked OK in the previous version 11.72 with my entry at the end.
As a matter of interest, the facility of just keying in the first letter when adding a company to a portfolio does not move the list to that part. That used to work for a short while, many versions ago, but now doesn't - for me anyway!

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”