Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYP Top UP Sheet Price Update.

Discussions regarding financial software
ExFM

HYP Top UP Sheet Price Update.

Postby ExFM » February 11th, 2021, 9:53 am

I have just tried to update my spreadsheet (which is fantastic BTW) and it failed this morning. When I did a check one URL

https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/fin ... bols=MKS.l

It returned this:

"HTTP Status 500 - Request failed.
type Status report

message Request failed.

description Server Error"

Is anyone else have issues this morning?

ExFM

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYP Top UP Sheet Price Update.

Postby kiloran » February 11th, 2021, 10:01 am

ExFM wrote:I have just tried to update my spreadsheet (which is fantastic BTW) and it failed this morning. When I did a check one URL

https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/fin ... bols=MKS.l

It returned this:

"HTTP Status 500 - Request failed.
type Status report

message Request failed.

description Server Error"

Is anyone else have issues this morning?

ExFM

I just tried v11.74 (excel) on Windows 10 with Excel 2016 for MKS and it worked fine. Sounds like you had a transient error due to a Yahoo problem or maybe a network/wifi problem.

It's always helpful when you report a problem to include:
1...HYPTUSS version
2...Excel or Libreoffice version
3...Operating system

--kiloran

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » February 11th, 2021, 10:02 am

When you say "update", what were you actually doing? Updating the spreadsheet with a new "version" or using one of the "update buttons", if so which one? I was using my latest verision spreadsheet this morning with no problems and I have MKS? However, if you look at Yahoo finance MKS page seems to be "missing" some data...

edit. Just re-run "Get Yahoo prices" and HYPTUSS returned that the scrape failed from Yahoo, re-run and it was ok. so maybe Yahoo is having some problems this morning.

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » February 11th, 2021, 10:11 am

kiloran wrote:I just tried v11.74 (excel) on Windows 10 with Excel 2016 for MKS and it worked fine. Sounds like you had a transient error due to a Yahoo problem or maybe a network/wifi problem.
--kiloran

I'm seeing similar problems this morning on both HYPTUSS (latest version) on LibreOffice and on my own spreadsheet which uses the Eventide add-on.
HYPTUSS reports "Yahoo returned no data"
while Excel reports ::tick_Err:: on each entry and tells me theres a run-time error.

I had tried Excel first and initially suspected a connection with a Windows 10 update that occurred last night, but when HYTUSS failed as well I presumed a Yahoo problem.

cheers
Spiderbill

ExFM

Postby ExFM » February 11th, 2021, 10:20 am

So I closed Excel and re ran the price update and it "just worked". So it may be just an intermittent issue. Thank you for looking in any event.

I use the excel version, but I have changed the name of the spreadsheet and can't see a reference as to which was the original version of the HYPTSS (Sorry) I am using. The operating system I use is Windows 10.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 11th, 2021, 10:24 am

ExFM wrote:I use the excel version, but I have changed the name of the spreadsheet and can't see a reference as to which was the original version of the HYPTSS

The last sheet "Version History" shows which version you have

--kiloran

ExFM

Postby ExFM » February 11th, 2021, 11:10 am

kiloran wrote:
ExFM wrote:I use the excel version, but I have changed the name of the spreadsheet and can't see a reference as to which was the original version of the HYPTSS

--kiloran

I think it is

11.12 13-Oct-16

But I have hacked it around a bit, so I may have added in later changes without taking the new sheet. Sorry, not much help.

It does seem to be intermittent, I have had the issue 5 or 6 times this morning, and then it will work. The most like scenario is that Yahoo are having issues and hopefully that will be fixed in due course.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 11th, 2021, 11:32 am

ExFM wrote:
kiloran wrote:

--kiloran

I think it is

11.12 13-Oct-16

But I have hacked it around a bit, so I may have added in later changes without taking the new sheet. Sorry, not much help.

It does seem to be intermittent, I have had the issue 5 or 6 times this morning, and then it will work. The most like scenario is that Yahoo are having issues and hopefully that will be fixed in due course.

No, it's definitely not 11.12. Yahoo subsequently made some big changes, and 11.12 just collapses in an ungainly heap and never retrieves prices.

I've tried 11.74 a few times this morning and there's definitely an intermittent Yahoo problem. Works most of the time, but sometimes fails. Sadly, not a lot we can do about that

--kiloran

minerjoe
2 Lemon pips

Postby minerjoe » February 11th, 2021, 1:55 pm

also getting the same issue - had it fail 3 times, then it worked

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 11th, 2021, 3:07 pm

I've also seen problems with the Yahoo Finance website today https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/Bp.l
Works most of the time, but sometimes no price or an "HTTP Status 500 - Request failed" problem

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”