Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS > Norton conflict

Discussions regarding financial software
jeff50

HYPTUSS > Norton conflict

Postby jeff50 » February 25th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Hi,
I have reposted this message as the moderator has thought it is a general Norton issue and reposted the original to "Computers."
It specifically applies to the link to through "Financial Software" for Hyp access supported and linked from "Financial Software - disscussion" I am getting a Norton Lifelock Danger warning message if I select the Software Selection tab. I have raised a complaint with them. Anyone else getting this message?

Moderator Message:
If you have an issue with the HYPTUSS tool creating a Norton panic attack then say so clearly. On the assumption that this is your problem I have amended the title of this thread accordingly. dspp

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS > Norton conflict

Postby kiloran » February 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm

jeff50 wrote:Hi,
I have reposted this message as the moderator has thought it is a general Norton issue and reposted the original to "Computers."
It specifically applies to the link to through "Financial Software" for Hyp access supported and linked from "Financial Software - disscussion" I am getting a Norton Lifelock Danger warning message if I select the Software Selection tab. I have raised a complaint with them. Anyone else getting this message?

Moderator Message:
If you have an issue with the HYPTUSS tool creating a Norton panic attack then say so clearly. On the assumption that this is your problem I have amended the title of this thread accordingly. dspp

I'll confess that I don't understand your problem. I don't have Norton.
Is it anything to do with the HYPTUSS tool? I suspect not.
It specifically applies to the link to through "Financial Software" for Hyp access supported and linked from "Financial Software - disscussion"

Are you referring to the link "Financial Software - Please read" in the Announcements pane on the "Financial Software - Discussion" board viewforum.php?f=27
Are you saying that if you click on that link then Norton produces a warning message?

--kiloran

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Postby Midsmartin » February 25th, 2021, 12:57 pm

I imagine Norton is complaining that the file contains a macro, and it probably flags up downloads containing macros on principle.

Probably you just need to add it as an exception, or "run anyway" or whatever option Norton provides.

jeff50

Postby jeff50 » March 7th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Hi Kiloran,
Sorry for the delay in reply.
When I was going into the Software page and selected Hypuss update for Excel it Norton gave a "Danger" warning sign and recommended not entering the site. I have raised a complaint to Norton and after investigation they have removed the Danger warning flag. I think it has been to do with their LifeLock upgrade. All is ok now.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 7th, 2021, 8:11 pm

jeff50 wrote:Hi Kiloran,
Sorry for the delay in reply.
When I was going into the Software page and selected Hypuss update for Excel it Norton gave a "Danger" warning sign and recommended not entering the site. I have raised a complaint to Norton and after investigation they have removed the Danger warning flag. I think it has been to do with their LifeLock upgrade. All is ok now.

That's good that your problem is resolved.
False positives on virus checks can be an issue from time to time. A year or two ago I had problems uploading HYPTUSS to the Weebly site due to an incorrect virus report by the virus checker at Weebly. It simply decided that Basic macros in HYPTUSS were not allowed, even a simple Basic script with no content was rejected. It was a transient issue, some time later it was OK. It sounds like Norton has had a similar problem.

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”