Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tracking dividend income

Discussions regarding financial software
silentradish

Tracking dividend income

Postby silentradish » April 3rd, 2021, 9:57 am

Hi,
Firstly apologies if this is the wrong board. Please direct me elsewhere if that's the case.

I'm very new to taking note of dividends. I have a portfolio of a few shares based on the Motley Fool Share Advisor service. I'm interested in how to easily track the dividends those shares have received. I'd love to find a website or app that given the date shares were bought could clearly show the dividends paid and calculate the percentage yield. Ideally for free or for a one time fee, rather than a per month fee.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Tracking dividend income

Postby monabri » April 3rd, 2021, 10:10 am

Try dividend data.

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... et=ftse100

(Folow the link and then click on the small arrow on the right hand side of the line for the company you are interested in)

However, if you know when you bought shares you should be able to work out the yield for yourself based on the dividend history (also given in aforementioned linked example).

(Dividend data is useful as it also identifies share splits or consolidations).

silentradish

Postby silentradish » April 3rd, 2021, 10:40 am

Thank you. That does look like a great source of raw dividend information. However I'm looking for something automated, rather than me laboriously checking dates, percentages etc manually to calculate what I received, and what that adds up to over the course of one or many years.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » April 3rd, 2021, 12:12 pm

silentradish wrote:Thank you. That does look like a great source of raw dividend information. However I'm looking for something automated, rather than me laboriously checking dates, percentages etc manually to calculate what I received, and what that adds up to over the course of one or many years.

The FT's free portfolio service does that, if you explore the settings.

MDW1954

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”