Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS Price Scrape Error

Discussions regarding financial software
teecee90
2 Lemon pips

HYPTUSS Price Scrape Error

Postby teecee90 » April 13th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Using the "Get Yahoo Prices" button is working fine on the portfolio worksheet but when I press the button on the watchlist worksheet I am today getting an error message saying "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again". Needless to say, I have tried running it again but keep getting the same error. As it works on the portfolio sheet I assume it is not a Yahoo issue? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Re: HYPTUSS Price Scrape Error

Postby AJC5001 » April 13th, 2021, 1:33 pm

teecee90 wrote:Using the "Get Yahoo Prices" button is working fine on the portfolio worksheet but when I press the button on the watchlist worksheet I am today getting an error message saying "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again". Needless to say, I have tried running it again but keep getting the same error. As it works on the portfolio sheet I assume it is not a Yahoo issue? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Yes, I got this yesterday as well. (V11-72 Office365 W10)

I pasted the Watchlist tickers into the High Yield Portfolio tab and that worked OK, so looks like a Watchlist issue. I also tried the Watchlist with the tickers in a different sequence but it still failed at the start of getting the prices, after clearing the Prices column.

I haven't tried the latest version or the new Beta.

Adrian

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » April 13th, 2021, 1:56 pm

teecee90 wrote:Using the "Get Yahoo Prices" button is working fine on the portfolio worksheet but when I press the button on the watchlist worksheet I am today getting an error message saying "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again". Needless to say, I have tried running it again but keep getting the same error. As it works on the portfolio sheet I assume it is not a Yahoo issue? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Might help if you check what "version" you are running and which system and type you are running. If you are not running the latest and greatest, try downloading it and adding the failing TIDMs to see if it is just the version you are running.

teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Postby teecee90 » April 13th, 2021, 2:34 pm

I'm running an older version (v11-65) but was hoping to resolve it without having to upgrade if possible as my HYPTUSS is quite heavily modified and takes quite a bit of effort every time I transition to a new version. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and do it, but given that this problem has only just occurred it would be helpful to get some reassurance that the latest version is not suffering from the same problem - to avoid any wasted effort.

Microsoft 365 and W10

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » April 13th, 2021, 3:02 pm

teecee90 wrote:I'm running an older version (v11-65) but was hoping to resolve it without having to upgrade if possible as my HYPTUSS is quite heavily modified and takes quite a bit of effort every time I transition to a new version. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and do it, but given that this problem has only just occurred it would be helpful to get some reassurance that the latest version is not suffering from the same problem - to avoid any wasted effort.

Microsoft 365 and W10

Why not just download latest, add the TIDMs into watchlist and test to make sure it works first?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 13th, 2021, 3:05 pm

teecee90 wrote:I'm running an older version (v11-65) but was hoping to resolve it without having to upgrade if possible as my HYPTUSS is quite heavily modified and takes quite a bit of effort every time I transition to a new version. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and do it, but given that this problem has only just occurred it would be helpful to get some reassurance that the latest version is not suffering from the same problem - to avoid any wasted effort.

Microsoft 365 and W10

I don't think we changed the Yahoo price scrape routine between 11.65 and 11.75. I think the most common reason for the "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again" error is when the number of shares returned by Yahoo is less than the number of shares in the Watchlist (or the main HYP sheet). This can happen if Yahoo has a glitch (not unknown), or, more commonly, if a ticker becomes invalid due to a ticker change.

Can you post the tickers that are causing the problem?

--kiloran
edit..... I did try a number of shares on the HYP and Watchlist sheets on 11.65 and 11.75 and had no problems. Probably tried around 20 times. Excel 2016 on Windows 10

teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Postby teecee90 » April 13th, 2021, 3:32 pm

I have quite a long list in my watchlist:

City of London Inv Trust CTY
Murray International Trust MYI
Dunedin Income Growth Inv Trust DIG
Merchants Trust MRCH
Henderson Far East Income Ltd. HFEL
European Assets Trust EAT
Blackrock North American Income Trust BRNA
Polar Capital Technology Trust PCT
Herald Inv Trust HRI
William Hill WMH
easyJet EZJ
TUI AG Reg Shs (DI) TUI
Cineworld Group CINE
Hammerson HMSO
Land Securities Group LAND
Primary Health Properties PHP
Ultra Electronics Holdings ULE
Galliford Try GFRD
Ibstock IBST
Close Brothers Group CBG
Schroders SDR
Schroders (Non-Voting) SDRC
Standard Life Aberdeen plc SLA
M and G MNG
Phoenix Group Holdings (DI) PHNX
Chesnara CSN
Admiral Group ADM
Lloyds Banking Group LLOY
Reckitt Benckiser Group RB
Persimmon PSN
Dixons Carphone DC
Halfords Group HFD
Morrison (Wm) Supermarkets MRW
Diageo DGE
Centrica CNA
Pennon Group PNN
Wood Group (John) WG
G4S GFS

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 13th, 2021, 4:01 pm

teecee90 wrote:
I have quite a long list in my watchlist:

<snip>
Reckitt Benckiser Group RB
<snip>

Reckitt Benckiser has changed it's ticker - it's now RKT....

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/RKT.L?p=RKT.L

The data-sheet has been updated to take this change into account - http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/5/1/23511186/company_data_sheet.txt

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 13th, 2021, 4:05 pm

The only share at the moment which will not return a price is RB. I've tried checking the data in the new version of the HYPTUSS company data page and altering various items, but nothing seems to make it better.

So far all other shares and ITs are returning prices OK.

Arb.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » April 13th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Arborbridge wrote:The only share at the moment which will not return a price is RB. I've tried checking the data in the new version of the HYPTUSS company data page and altering various items, but nothing seems to make it better.

Arb.

RB has a new ticker - RKT.

Edit - Sorry, didn't see IAAGs comment upstream.

RC

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 13th, 2021, 4:29 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:The only share at the moment which will not return a price is RB. I've tried checking the data in the new version of the HYPTUSS company data page and altering various items, but nothing seems to make it better.

Arb.

RC

I tried that and it didn't work at first. Now I have it working, but the yield forecast doesn't work.

I'm going round in circles - as far as I can see, the company data sheet in my version has the same data as the new download.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 13th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:

Arb.

RC

I tried that and it didn't work at first. Now I have it working, but the yield forecast doesn't work.

I'm going round in circles - as far as I can see, the company data sheet in my version has the same data as the new download.

RKT has a different Sharecast URL suffix to RB.
For RB. column A in the data sheet was /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group
For RKT, it is /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247

This change is in the new company_data_sheet.txt

As an aside, it is more helpful if you can describe the problem, rather than just say "the yield forecast doesn't work".

--kiloran

teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Postby teecee90 » April 13th, 2021, 5:06 pm

Thanks everyone - updated data sheet and replacing RB with RKT in the watch list has sorted it. Much appreciated.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 13th, 2021, 5:20 pm

kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:RB has a new ticker - RKT.

RC

RKT has a different Sharecast URL suffix to RB.
For RB. column A in the data sheet was /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group
For RKT, it is /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247

This change is in the new company_data_sheet.txt

As an aside, it is more helpful if you can describe the problem, rather than just say "the yield forecast doesn't work".

--kiloran

Yes, that was a bit slack of me. :oops: In my mind I was just following on from the other posts describing the same problem and adding that RB didn't work either.

I had already altered the URL to /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247 but that does not return the yield forecast, - just a blank cell and Run time error '-2147012879(80072ef1)'
I'm using a freshly downloaded HYPTUSS to play with.

In my original HYPTUSS (which has the unaltered company data sheet) the forecast returns 2.6% at the moment, but the price does not return as the ticker is RB.

I seem to be able to cure the price or the forecast, but not both at the same time :?

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 13th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Arborbridge wrote:

Yes, that was a bit slack of me. :oops: In my mind I was just following on from the other posts describing the same problem and adding that RB didn't work either.
Arb.

OK Arb, I'm in a benevolent mood, I'll let you off, just this once ;)
Arborbridge wrote:I had already altered the URL to /equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247 but that does not return the yield forecast, - just a blank cell and Run time error '-2147012879(80072ef1)'
I'm using a freshly downloaded HYPTUSS to play with.

In my original HYPTUSS (which has the unaltered company data sheet) the forecast returns 2.6% at the moment, but the price does not return as the ticker is RB.

I seem to be able to cure the price or the forecast, but not both at the same time :?

Arb.

I just tried 11.75 with the new data sheet and it works fine for both price and forecast yield.

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 13th, 2021, 5:49 pm

kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

I just tried 11.75 with the new data sheet and it works fine for both price and forecast yield.

--kiloran

I dowloaded 11.74, though I guess that should work too. I looked in the repository and I don't see 11.75.
This is the line from the data sheet I am using:-
/equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247 Reckitt Benckiser Group RKT Household Goods & Home Construction RKT 10069 http://www.rb.com/investors/dividend-information/ Personal & Household Goods

Arb.

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 14th, 2021, 9:45 am

Arborbridge wrote:
kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

--kiloran

I dowloaded 11.74, though I guess that should work too. I looked in the repository and I don't see 11.75.
This is the line from the data sheet I am using:-
/equity/Reckitt_Benckiser_Group-13247 Reckitt Benckiser Group RKT Household Goods & Home Construction RKT 10069 http://www.rb.com/investors/dividend-information/ Personal & Household Goods

Arb.

Arb.

Hi Arb. Version 11.75 was announced here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27989
We hid that pretty well didn't we? :lol: Took me a wee while to find it! 11.75 is available here: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... _page.html

Anyway, I checked 11.74 with the new company data sheet for Reckitt and it works fine for me. See:
https://i.postimg.cc/zX61c8Hx/HYP-11-74-for-RKT.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/QdhvPCxk/Data-Sheet-for-RKT.jpg

What data do you see? What yield source do you have in cell B5 on the Parameters sheet?

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 15th, 2021, 5:01 pm

kiloran wrote:Hi Arb. Version 11.75 was announced here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27989
We hid that pretty well didn't we? :lol: Took me a wee while to find it! 11.75 is available here: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... _page.html

Anyway, I checked 11.74 with the new company data sheet for Reckitt and it works fine for me. See:

What data do you see? What yield source do you have in cell B5 on the Parameters sheet?

--kiloran

I believe I saw the test version of 11.75, but decided not to use it until is was "concretised". I'd just rather not go through the routine of adding my extra pages and columns until I have to 8-)

Here are my equivalent screen shots. Maybe I've entered something wrong, but I cannot see it.

https://i.imgur.com/w3eQfYw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hqBRRsL.jpg

What I see in B5 on the parameters sheet is a choice of forecast or latest. Both return a blank and a box telling me there's a run time error and the process has been cancelled. Or "canceled" as the PC always mispronounces it.

At the moment I am pasting and copying the latest price in when I need to, (it's only one company that's the problem) but hopefully we can resolve this before long.

Thanks for your patience so far: sorry I didn't respond to your help before this, but family duties interposed.

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 15th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
kiloran wrote:Hi Arb. Version 11.75 was announced here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27989

Just in case 11.75 was produced a different result, I downloaded from the above, altered the company data sheet as tried again. This produced neither the price nor the yield at first either forecast or current. On re-running it produced price but not yield. I some ways, at least having the price is better because altering the yield is easier.

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 15th, 2021, 5:59 pm

Arborbridge wrote:

--kiloran

I believe I saw the test version of 11.75, but decided not to use it until is was "concretised". I'd just rather not go through the routine of adding my extra pages and columns until I have to 8-)

Here are my equivalent screen shots. Maybe I've entered something wrong, but I cannot see it.

https://i.imgur.com/w3eQfYw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hqBRRsL.jpg

What I see in B5 on the parameters sheet is a choice of forecast or latest. Both return a blank and a box telling me there's a run time error and the process has been cancelled. Or "canceled" as the PC always mispronounces it.

At the moment I am pasting and copying the latest price in when I need to, (it's only one company that's the problem) but hopefully we can resolve this before long.

Thanks for your patience so far: sorry I didn't respond to your help before this, but family duties interposed.

Arb.

It'll probably be tomorrow afternoon before I can look at this, Arb, but I wonder if you perhaps have two entries for Reckitt in your data sheet? HYPTUSS will use the first entry it finds. Just a thought.

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”