Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS Overview

Discussions regarding financial software
funduffer
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS Overview

Postby funduffer » January 2nd, 2022, 1:51 pm

I really like the Overview feature in HYPTUSS (this produces a neat summary of your portfolio for posting on Lemon Fool).

I am using HYPTUSS version 11-74, in Excel 2019 under Windows 11 OS.

I am using Chrome as the browser, but get the same behaviour in Edge.

I haven't used it for a while, but I am struggling.

The Generate Overview and Sort by Sector buttons seem to work fine. The tables look complete and correct.

The Generate Lemon Fool table works - at least tells me the tables have been copied to clipboard ready for pasting.

In LF, I start a new thread, put the cursor in the post and hit CTRL-V. I end up with 2 small square symbols. The preview is blank.

Have I had too much beer at New Year and done something stupid?

Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

FD

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS Overview

Postby kiloran » January 2nd, 2022, 2:16 pm

funduffer wrote:I really like the Overview feature in HYPTUSS (this produces a neat summary of your portfolio for posting on Lemon Fool).

I am using HYPTUSS version 11-74, in Excel 2019 under Windows 11 OS.

I am using Chrome as the browser, but get the same behaviour in Edge.

I haven't used it for a while, but I am struggling.

The Generate Overview and Sort by Sector buttons seem to work fine. The tables look complete and correct.

The Generate Lemon Fool table works - at least tells me the tables have been copied to clipboard ready for pasting.

In LF, I start a new thread, put the cursor in the post and hit CTRL-V. I end up with 2 small square symbols. The preview is blank.

Have I had too much beer at New Year and done something stupid?

Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

FD

Hmmmm....... looks like I've been drinking the same beer as you (and I'm well-versed in the art of doing something stupid)! I also tried with version 11.65 which was the original with this feature (and presumably worked at the time) and have the same problem.
The LibreOffice version works slightly differently and is OK.

I'm in the process of updating HYPTUSS following some changes to the Stockopedia dividends, so I'll also fix this overview problem before I release it.

Thanks for the heads-up

--kiloran

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » January 2nd, 2022, 2:27 pm

kiloran wrote:
I'm in the process of updating HYPTUSS following some changes to the Stockopedia dividends, so I'll also fix this overview problem before I release it.

Thanks for the heads-up

--kiloran

Thanks kiloran, you are a star!

If you want me to test anything I am happy to.

Regards and Happy New Year!

FD

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 2nd, 2022, 3:09 pm

Looks like it is an Excel version issue. I'm using Excel 2016 and you have Excel 2019, which both fail.
I just tried on Excel 2010 (which was used when this feature was added) and it works fine.

On Excel 2016, the data is correctly created but then fails when copied to the clipboard, so I'll need to see what Microsoft have changed in their copy-to-clipboard process in VBA

--kiloran

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » January 2nd, 2022, 5:17 pm

Hi kiloran,

I can confirm it all works ok in Excel 2010. I found it on my wife’s PC and I can now do what I need to do.

So thanks for your help, and I am still willing to help with any testing if you need me.

FD

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » January 2nd, 2022, 5:23 pm

kiloran wrote:Looks like it is an Excel version issue. I'm using Excel 2016 and you have Excel 2019, which both fail.
I just tried on Excel 2010 (which was used when this feature was added) and it works fine.

On Excel 2016, the data is correctly created but then fails when copied to the clipboard, so I'll need to see what Microsoft have changed in their copy-to-clipboard process in VBA

--kiloran

I haven't looked at your code and it's a while since I did any VBA but I found this code and some of the comments are interesting, I wonder if it might help?

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/2015/1/13/how-to-use-vba-code-to-copy-text-to-the-clipboard

RC

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 2nd, 2022, 9:02 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
kiloran wrote:Looks like it is an Excel version issue. I'm using Excel 2016 and you have Excel 2019, which both fail.

--kiloran

I haven't looked at your code and it's a while since I did any VBA but I found this code and some of the comments are interesting, I wonder if it might help?

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/2015/1/13/how-to-use-vba-code-to-copy-text-to-the-clipboard

RC

Yes, it does support my thoughts after googling the problem. HYPTUSS uses the MSForms 2.0 library and it appears that this is buggy, especially with Windows 8 and later versions. One cause of the problem is having Windows File Explorer open while using HYPTUSS (I have File Explorer open permanently). If I close FE, then the HYPTUSS Copy-to-clipboard process works fine, even with Excel 2016.

Looks like I can fix the problem by replacing 3 lines of VBA code with a few hundred lines :(

Many thanks

--kiloran

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » January 3rd, 2022, 9:48 am

A word of thanks for adding the "Overview" function to HYPTUSS.
Looking at the number of times it is used in the Portfolio Review board at year end, it is gaining quite widespread usage!

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”