Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Advise for historic and current UK Fund prices

Discussions regarding financial software
tenyearstogo

Advise for historic and current UK Fund prices

Postby tenyearstogo » April 24th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Hi.
I'm looking to gather daily prices for UK funds (ITs and OEICS) and ETFs, with a decent multi year history. Can someone point me at sources & software. Im happy to write APIs / scrapers and will store tickers and prices in a SQL database. Additionally I want a source of tickers/sedols/isins etc as I dont want to maintain a portfolio - looking to get the full fund market. I guess a ticker source for funds will be harder to automate than scraping the daily prices. ETFs are a nice to have. A quick search through morningstar and trustnet and they dont seem to support this. Happy to use google/yahoo finance or whatever. Open to ideas.

I don't wish to build anything that already exists or can be subscribed to for a low cost. If I do need to build then happy to opensource / share.

thanks

tenyearstogo

Re: Advise for historic and current UK Fund prices

Postby tenyearstogo » April 24th, 2021, 3:55 pm

list of funds here: theia.org/<slash>industry-data<slash>fund-sectors<slash>funds

next is fundname to ISIN lookup.

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Re: Advise for historic and current UK Fund prices

Postby Midsmartin » April 24th, 2021, 7:38 pm

I'm pretty sure that Sharescope had all you need. It's about £300 a year with end of day prices. Whether you consider this low cost, I don't know. There is a free demo you can download (I think it's fully working, but with old data).

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”