Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

StepOne FTSE 350

Discussions regarding financial software
AJC5001
Lemon Slice

StepOne FTSE 350

Postby AJC5001 » July 10th, 2021, 9:32 pm

I recently found a note I had made on Kiloran's Dogs of the FTSE posts https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6417&start=20 and thought I would look at what a current selection might look like.

My previous attempts started with downloading the latest StepOne FTSE 350 spreadsheet from http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/stepone-ftse350.html. I then sorted the Sharedata sheet by Index followed by Forecast Yield, copied the resulting top 30 shares into a new sheet and added columns for Rank by Historic Yield, Rank by Forecast Yield and Combined Ranking, followed by sorting on Combined Ranking to give the 'Dogs' to select from.

However, the latest (30th June 2021) StepOne FTSE 350 doesn't contain any Forecast Yields :(

I then found that there was a note on the Weebly page that said "30Jun21 Note: End Jun21 data is missing forecast EPS and Forecast Dividends. Don't yet know if this is a permanent change or a temporary blip on Sharecast"

Is there any update on this situation?

I then thought I might download the previous months spreadsheet, but this is not available from the Weebly page and my attempted guess of the filename didn't work. Is the previous months spreadsheet still available?

Finally, just for completion, I see that Kiloran hasn't posted his 2021 selection on the Dogs of the FTSE thread. :o

Adrian

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: StepOne FTSE 350

Postby kiloran » July 10th, 2021, 9:56 pm

AJC5001 wrote:I recently found a note I had made on Kiloran's Dogs of the FTSE posts https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6417&start=20 and thought I would look at what a current selection might look like.

My previous attempts started with downloading the latest StepOne FTSE 350 spreadsheet from http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/stepone-ftse350.html. I then sorted the Sharedata sheet by Index followed by Forecast Yield, copied the resulting top 30 shares into a new sheet and added columns for Rank by Historic Yield, Rank by Forecast Yield and Combined Ranking, followed by sorting on Combined Ranking to give the 'Dogs' to select from.

However, the latest (30th June 2021) StepOne FTSE 350 doesn't contain any Forecast Yields :(

I then found that there was a note on the Weebly page that said "30Jun21 Note: End Jun21 data is missing forecast EPS and Forecast Dividends. Don't yet know if this is a permanent change or a temporary blip on Sharecast"

Is there any update on this situation?

I then thought I might download the previous months spreadsheet, but this is not available from the Weebly page and my attempted guess of the filename didn't work. Is the previous months spreadsheet still available?

Finally, just for completion, I see that Kiloran hasn't posted his 2021 selection on the Dogs of the FTSE thread. :o

Adrian

At the start of this year, Sharecast removed the forecast data for future years. I hoped it was a temporary blip but the data is still missing. There is a forecast for an unspecified period in the Key Financials section, and this is shown in Column AI.

I have found a potential alternative source but it's very messy to extract the data and I'm struggling to find the time to work on this, though I have got some test scripts working.It may be a few months yet, if I am successful.

I have archived copies of all versions of the file (not online), but none of them since Dec 2020 have forecast data.

I'll try to update the Dogs of the FTSE thread, I did make my selection in early January (currently up 11.6% this year, against 10% for the FTSE and 10.8% for the All-share)

--kiloran

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » July 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm

kiloran wrote:At the start of this year, Sharecast removed the forecast data for future years. I hoped it was a temporary blip but the data is still missing. There is a forecast for an unspecified period in the Key Financials section, and this is shown in Column AI.

I have found a potential alternative source but it's very messy to extract the data and I'm struggling to find the time to work on this, though I have got some test scripts working.It may be a few months yet, if I am successful.

I have archived copies of all versions of the file (not online), but none of them since Dec 2020 have forecast data.

I'll try to update the Dogs of the FTSE thread, I did make my selection in early January (currently up 11.6% this year, against 10% for the FTSE and 10.8% for the All-share)

--kiloran

Thanks for the reply.

What data source did you use for producing your Dogs of the FTSE selection in January?

Adrian

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 12th, 2021, 6:09 pm

AJC5001 wrote:What data source did you use for producing your Dogs of the FTSE selection in January?

Adrian

I had to resort to using the Dec 2020 version of the StepOne FTSE350, published before the forecasts disappeared from Sharecast

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”