Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New HYPTUSS versions 11.75 and b-p

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

New HYPTUSS versions 11.75 and b-p

Postby kiloran » August 9th, 2021, 12:31 pm

he HYP Top-Up Spreadsheet (HYPTUSS) has been updated with some enhancements and bug fixes. Versions 11.75 (Excel) and b-p (LibreOffice) are available at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
The zip files contain the HYPTUSS and the updated User Guide..... unzip the files first, using HYPTUSS from within the zip can cause some issues.

Changes are:
  1. Yield data in Sharecast sometimes returns n/a. In this case, data is returned from the AIC website, such as https://tinyurl.com/2s9sw8ej
  2. Some users have had problems importing an updated version of the Company Data Sheet. A macro now allows the import of the data
  3. The functionality of the Company Data Sheet has been improved. If a user has customised values (perhaps a shorter name, or a different sector definition), these customised shares can be grouped at the top of the Company Data Sheet, with optional empty rows to separate them from the default data. The customised shares are not over-written when new data is imported. See pages 17/18 of the User Guide.
  4. Charts from MoneyAM are no longer available and have been replaced by charts from Trustnet
  5. Due to changes at LiveCharts, the LiveChart option no longer allows performance comparison with the FTSE-100 index. A pity, I liked this, but I cannot find a suitable alternative
  6. The Snapshot and FTSE Tracking sheets can get quite long over time. Opening these sheets now automatically scrolls to the most recent data
  7. The Week Ahead function no longer worked due to changes at Investors Chronicle. This has been fixed and simplified.
  8. Some minor bug fixes, accompanied, no doubt, by the addition of some new bugs :(

Page 26 of the User Guide describes the process to migrate to the new version

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Re: New HYPTUSS versions 11.75 and b-p

Postby granretire » August 9th, 2021, 4:45 pm

I have installed the latest version and filled it with my data. All seems to working OK, thank you

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » August 9th, 2021, 5:05 pm

Just going to update my HYPTUSS. Noticed the table of content page numbers do not match the actual page. Migrating to new version shows 22 when, as you point out above, it is 26.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » August 9th, 2021, 5:59 pm

The video for updating company data needs updating to show the new "Macro" usage. If that can be done then I will do a test as I have a "few" modifed entries.

Everything else seems fine (I did have to do a bit of "resizing" but that is probably down to my laptop set-up).

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 9th, 2021, 7:42 pm

seagles wrote:Just going to update my HYPTUSS. Noticed the table of content page numbers do not match the actual page. Migrating to new version shows 22 when, as you point out above, it is 26.

That'll teach me to refer to my checklist before I release a new version :(.
I've updated the index (just needed a single click) and republished

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 9th, 2021, 7:43 pm

seagles wrote:The video for updating company data needs updating to show the new "Macro" usage. If that can be done then I will do a test as I have a "few" modifed entries.

Everything else seems fine (I did have to do a bit of "resizing" but that is probably down to my laptop set-up).

Oops, forgot that. I'll work on it

--kiloran

HillManMill
Lemon Pip

Postby HillManMill » August 10th, 2021, 8:28 am

Kiloran,

Thank you for your continuing work on the HYPTUS. I find it a great way to help me manage and analyse my investments. I have just downloaded this latest release and am looking forward to migrating my data!

Cheers

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » August 13th, 2021, 9:30 am

The company data sheet doesn't show the companies that I have added. Actually it only shows one of my 'new' companies. I have inserted 6 companies at the start of the company data sheet.
Windows 10, excel 2010, hyptuss 11.75

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 13th, 2021, 11:09 am

granretire wrote:The company data sheet doesn't show the companies that I have added. Actually it only shows one of my 'new' companies. I have inserted 6 companies at the start of the company data sheet.
Windows 10, excel 2010, hyptuss 11.75

I try to add all requests to the Company Data Sheet when I am notified, and then add the updated sheet to http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html (last updated 04Aug21). The newly-published HYPTUSS uses the current version of the Company Data Sheet.

Which companies do you want me to add?

--kiloran

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » August 13th, 2021, 10:38 pm

kiloran wrote:I try to add all requests to the Company Data Sheet when I am notified, and then add the updated sheet to http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html (last updated 04Aug21). The newly-published HYPTUSS uses the current version of the Company Data Sheet.

Which companies do you want me to add?

--kiloran

While you're offering, AJ Bell - AJB and Apax Global - APAX please.

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » August 14th, 2021, 8:11 am

I have added these companies correctly to the company data sheet - the only problem is that they do not appear in the list when I try and add them to my portfolio or watch list - with the exception of the last one on my list (OSB). These are the 8 companies that I have put at the start of the company data sheet:
Clinigen CLIN
Global Petroleum GBP
Ground rents Income GRIO
Mountview MTVW
Tracsis TRCS
Triple Piont social SOHO
Onesavings Bank OSB

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 17th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Kiloran.

Thanks for v 11.75 - it's certainly solved some yield data problems for me :)

Arb.

jeff50

Postby jeff50 » August 19th, 2021, 9:14 am

Thank you once again for your work and efforts to maintain and improve this very valuable spreadsheet.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 19th, 2021, 11:30 am

granretire wrote:I have added these companies correctly to the company data sheet - the only problem is that they do not appear in the list when I try and add them to my portfolio or watch list - with the exception of the last one on my list (OSB). These are the 8 companies that I have put at the start of the company data sheet:
Clinigen CLIN
Global Petroleum GBP
Ground rents Income GRIO
Mountview MTVW
Tracsis TRCS
Triple Piont social SOHO
Onesavings Bank OSB

I thought you were obviously doing something wrong, with the added companies you added to the Company Data Sheet not appearing in the "Add Share" list. So I checked, and..... you are right :oops:

I have no idea what happened, I tested it until I was blue in the face. What happens is that if you insert one or more rows at row 2 of the Company Data Sheet, the Named Range DL_List gets redefined. I knew that, and had some code to reset DL_List, but for some reason the code dropped off the published version. Mea culpa.

And then while I was adding GRIO to the Company Data Sheet, I found that it was reporting a yield of n/a, when I expected a value to to pulled from the AIC website. On checking, the AIC data table is not a consistent length, so HYPTUSS does not always find the correct value. This has always been a problem on previous versions of HYPTUSS, though probably not a common problem since nobody has reported it.

Anyway, I've added the new shares to the Company Data List, fixed the problems, and republished as version 11.76 at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

kempiejon wrote:While you're offering, AJ Bell - AJB and Apax Global - APAX please.

I've also added these to the file company_data_list.txt and HYPTUSS v11.76

The LibreOffice version b-p is not affected by these problems.

Apologies to all for my incompetence.

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » August 19th, 2021, 4:58 pm

Thanks very much. I was quite prepared to accept I had done something stupid - nice to know it wasn't me for once! No need to apologise - we all appreciate the work that has gone into this. You are allowed the odd hiccup :)

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » August 28th, 2021, 5:55 pm

YOu may have already fixed these, I am running an earlier version (on Libre Office/Linux now!) and haven't updated recently.

Having yield reporting problems on
JP Morgan European Investment Trust JETI
River & Mercantile Microcap RMMC
Middlefield Canadian Trust MCT
Henderson Far East IT HFEL

The following were not in the pull down list, don't know if it is possible to add:
SPGP Gold Producers ETF
L&G Global 100 Index Trust - Accumulation

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 28th, 2021, 6:29 pm

TUK020 wrote:YOu may have already fixed these, I am running an earlier version (on Libre Office/Linux now!) and haven't updated recently.

The following were not in the pull down list, don't know if it is possible to add:
SPGP Gold Producers ETF

Saying that you have yield reporting problems really isn't helpful :(
Please try to help me to help you. What are you seeing? What do you expect? And which earlier version are you using?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but I would not send an email to my car distributor saying "my car doesn't work, what's wrong with it?"

I'm heading 350 miles south tomorrow for a week or so, so my ability to help may be a bit limited. I'll do what I can, but mum will take priority over everything else :D

--kiloran

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » August 29th, 2021, 8:13 am

kiloran wrote:
TUK020 wrote:YOu may have already fixed these, I am running an earlier version (on Libre Office/Linux now!) and haven't updated recently.

SPGP Gold Producers ETF

Please try to help me to help you. What are you seeing? What do you expect? And which earlier version are you using?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but I would not send an email to my car distributor saying "my car doesn't work, what's wrong with it?"

I'm heading 350 miles south tomorrow for a week or so, so my ability to help may be a bit limited. I'll do what I can, but mum will take priority over everything else :D

--kiloran

Ooops sorry Kiloran,
I am running revision b-n of the Libre Office version.
When I do the "get forecast share yields" HFEL returns n/a, and JETI,MCT & RMMC return "?????"
Hope you r Mum is ok

tuk020

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 29th, 2021, 8:28 am

TUK020 wrote:
kiloran wrote:

SPGP Gold Producers ETF

--kiloran

Ooops sorry Kiloran,
I am running revision b-n of the Libre Office version.
When I do the "get forecast share yields" HFEL returns n/a, and JETI,MCT & RMMC return "?????"
Hope you r Mum is ok

tuk020

Thanks, Just about to start my journey, but your problem is due to the out-of-date version of HYPTUSS.

We find that the forecast data from Sharecast is becoming less reliable, with a number of gaps, which especially seems to affect ITs. With the current version, if forecast data cannot be found in Sharecast, the latest HYPTUSS then tries to get data from the AIC website. I know that HFEL is one of the affected shares.

OK, got to go, I'll be online later tonight

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”