Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

problem harvesting IT prices from London South East Site

Discussions regarding financial software
scotia
Lemon Quarter

problem harvesting IT prices from London South East Site

Postby scotia » August 17th, 2021, 11:15 pm

I have been software-harvesting IT prices from the London South East Site (www.lse.co.uk) for some time - since it supplies Price, Bid and Ask.
But tonight (around 22:30) the Bid and Ask fields were completely wrong - the bid was higher than the ask, and the difference was typically -5% to -10%
E.G. ATST Price 1018, Bid 1158, Ask 998
The Price looks like the correct Ask price.
I had similar funnies with EWI, FGT, FCIT, MNKS and SSON
Strangely ETFs seemed OK
I didn't notice any problems last week.

Spet0789
Lemon Quarter

Re: problem harvesting IT prices from London South East Site

Postby Spet0789 » August 17th, 2021, 11:31 pm

scotia wrote:I have been software-harvesting IT prices from the London South East Site (http://www.lse.co.uk) for some time - since it supplies Price, Bid and Ask.
But tonight (around 22:30) the Bid and Ask fields were completely wrong - the bid was higher than the ask, and the difference was typically -5% to -10%
Strangely ETFs seemed OK

London Stock Exchange?

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » August 17th, 2021, 11:55 pm

Spet0789 wrote:
scotia wrote:I have been software-harvesting IT prices from the London South East Site (http://www.lse.co.uk) for some time - since it supplies Price, Bid and Ask.
Strangely ETFs seemed OK

London Stock Exchange?

The London Stock Exchange is OK
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/ATST/alliance-trust-plc/company-page
Bid/Offer on ATST is 1016/1018

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 18th, 2021, 9:13 am

Looks like it is back to normality after the LSE opening. Be interesting to see what happens after the market closes today

--kiloran

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » August 19th, 2021, 12:02 am

kiloran wrote:Looks like it is back to normality after the LSE opening. Be interesting to see what happens after the market closes today

--kiloran

Yes - its back to normal tonight

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » September 2nd, 2021, 1:44 pm

Scotia
I have only just spotted this thread, reason I was looking for it is that I use London South East as my live UK price feed (at the time it was the cheapest, I suspect it still is if you pay annually) but using chrome on a chromebook I have recently noticed that the site ceases to recognise that I am logged in and keeps requesting a fresh log in. Worse still if I use them for reading an RNS I keep being asked if I'm a private investor (due I guess for my log in not being remembered.
This has only recently been happening, does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ?
What is an alternative, keenly priced, live London stock feed, anyone have any thoughts please ?

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » September 4th, 2021, 9:44 pm

barchid wrote:Scotia
I have only just spotted this thread, reason I was looking for it is that I use London South East as my live UK price feed (at the time it was the cheapest, I suspect it still is if you pay annually) but using chrome on a chromebook I have recently noticed that the site ceases to recognise that I am logged in and keeps requesting a fresh log in. Worse still if I use them for reading an RNS I keep being asked if I'm a private investor (due I guess for my log in not being remembered.
This has only recently been happening, does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ?
What is an alternative, keenly priced, live London stock feed, anyone have any thoughts please ?

Have you reported the issue to LSE ?
Then if the IT people dodge responsibility, use google to find out who owns the business and e-mail them.

xeny
Lemon Slice

Postby xeny » September 5th, 2021, 10:30 am

barchid wrote:Scotia
using chrome on a chromebook I have recently noticed that the site ceases to recognise that I am logged in and keeps requesting a fresh log in. Worse still if I use them for reading an RNS I keep being asked if I'm a private investor (due I guess for my log in not being remembered.

Try deleting any LSE related cookies from the browser, that may make the login "sticky" again.

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » September 5th, 2021, 2:45 pm

xeny/jaizan
I did indeed report it to LSE who told me to clear the cookies.
Unfortunately their way did not work (for very long) but I found a different way to do it from youtube & that seems to be working for now, fingers crossed.

barchid
Lemon Slice

Postby barchid » September 9th, 2021, 10:23 am

Oddly enough the RNS service has not been working on London South East all week, which is irritating to say the least, but they mailed me their excuse today saying that if they turned it back on some other features would be lost. Hardly an upbeat response from them and with no given time frame to fix it.
I have used vox for some time as their RNS system seems as fast as anyones which leaves me wondering which way I go to see live prices, the reason I became involved with lse originally ?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 9th, 2021, 10:44 am

barchid wrote:Oddly enough the RNS service has not been working on London South East all week, which is irritating to say the least, but they mailed me their excuse today saying that if they turned it back on some other features would be lost. Hardly an upbeat response from them and with no given time frame to fix it.
I have used vox for some time as their RNS system seems as fast as anyones which leaves me wondering which way I go to see live prices, the reason I became involved with lse originally ?

If you are looking for an alternative source for data, here's a list of sites which may be useful http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... sites.html

I find ADVFN fast and has bid/offer/mid prices

--kiloran

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » September 9th, 2021, 4:52 pm

barchid wrote:Oddly enough the RNS service has not been working on London South East all week, which is irritating to say the least, but they mailed me their excuse today saying that if they turned it back on some other features would be lost. Hardly an upbeat response from them and with no given time frame to fix it.

I should probably have said that I don't subscribe to any financial sites. At the end of a day, I load down all of the prices for the ITs and OEICs/Unit Trusts that I own, and update my Microsoft Access Database. This is carried out by a Visual Basic routine which works through all of my investments, and for each it loads down the appropriate web page from a financial site, and extracts the data (all free of charge). I tried out a number of sites, and found the markets.ft.com to be most useful - for both the ITs and the OEICs/Unit Trusts it provided a single price. However for ITs I wanted the Bid price, and for that I use http://www.lse.co.uk. Others on this site carry out similar actions with the data extracted into Excel Spreadsheets - also using Visual Basic. E.G. see https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19975#p258874

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » September 27th, 2021, 11:09 pm

Problems again with IT prices from the London South East Site - similar to those previously reported
E.G. for Scottish Mortgage - Price = 1447; Bid = 1519; Ask = 1384.5
The Price is OK - but the Bid/Ask is up the creek! They cleared the problem quickly last time. I wonder if they have reloaded their faulty software :)

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » September 28th, 2021, 9:10 pm

scotia wrote:Problems again with IT prices from the London South East Site - similar to those previously reported
E.G. for Scottish Mortgage - Price = 1447; Bid = 1519; Ask = 1384.5
The Price is OK - but the Bid/Ask is up the creek! They cleared the problem quickly last time. I wonder if they have reloaded their faulty software :)

And its back working OK today

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”