Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Financial extension for LibreOffice

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Financial extension for LibreOffice

Postby kiloran » October 8th, 2021, 12:47 pm

About 4 years ago, Eventide created an Excel add-in for extracting share data from Yahoo: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8332&hilit=excel+eventide#p94736

I've often pondered creating a similar extension for LibeOffice but never quite got beyond the pondering stage, then yesterday, by chance, I found that such an extension already exists: https://github.com/cmallwitz/Financials-Extension

It extracts financial information for shares from Yahoo and the Financial Times, using a formula such as =GETREALTIME("SSE.L",21,"YAHOO") or =GETREALTIME("SSE.L","LAST_PRICE","YAHOO"). Various data is available such as Bid, Ask, Yield, etc, and (Yahoo only) historic prices.

I've tried in on Windows 10 and Linux Mint and it seems to work fine, though perhaps missing some of the elegance of Eventide's Excel implementation.

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Financial extension for LibreOffice

Postby Breelander » October 8th, 2021, 11:41 pm

kiloran wrote:I've tried in on Windows 10 and Linux Mint and it seems to work fine...

Nice, thanks. I've tried it in LibreOffice Portable on Windows 11 and seems to work fine there too.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”