Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Sharecast down? Affects HYPTUSS

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sharecast down? Affects HYPTUSS

Postby kiloran » February 2nd, 2022, 5:17 pm

teecee90 wrote:
kiloran wrote:
teecee90 wrote:Still getting a timeout error even with v11-76.
Message says "Run-time error '-2147012894 (80072ee2)' The operation timed out"

Can you send me a list of the shares?

--kiloran

This is my list, although it seems to be working fine today. Maybe just a temporary glitch with Sharecast.

BA
RMG
SMDS
KIE
BLND
BBOX
TW
SBRY
MKS
MARS
IAG
CCL
ITV
WPP
TATE
ULVR
BATS
IMB
NG
SVT
SSE
IGG
EMG
MNG
HSBA
AV
LGEN
VOD
BT-A
MCRO
BHP
RIO
BP
RDSB
AZN
GSK

Yes, ran this half a dozen times and it rattled through them without problem. Glitches with Sharecast are common in my experience. Don't think we can do a lot about it.

--kiloran

JohnnyCyclops
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnnyCyclops » February 4th, 2022, 7:00 am

kiloran wrote:Yes, ran this half a dozen times and it rattled through them without problem. Glitches with Sharecast are common in my experience. Don't think we can do a lot about it.

--kiloran

Agree. Worked ok just now. I'm using Excel 2016 on Win 10, so the same as your test earlier. Could well be Norton's AV doing it. My laptop hard-drive also running at 100% almost constantly for 15-30 mins after boot might also be slowing matters (indication of a clean Win10 reinstall required, slightly off topic, or a new laptop!).

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 10th, 2022, 12:48 pm

Is there a similar problem with sharecast and Law Debenture, LWDB?

My forecast yield stops at that, though the Sharecast website checked manually does show a "0.0%" yield.

Price download works fine.
Using v11-75

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 10th, 2022, 3:41 pm

Arborbridge wrote:Is there a similar problem with sharecast and Law Debenture, LWDB?

My forecast yield stops at that, though the Sharecast website checked manually does show a "0.0%" yield.

Using v11-75

Arb.

That's strange Arb, it's fine for me with 11.75 and also the new version I am testing. They correctly show the Latest Yield of 3.3%
Windows 10 and Excel 2016

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 10th, 2022, 3:55 pm

kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:Is there a similar problem with sharecast and Law Debenture, LWDB?

Using v11-75

Arb.

That's strange Arb, it's fine for me with 11.75 and also the new version I am testing. They correctly show the Latest Yield of 3.3%

--kiloran

Very odd - still gets to MRC, and stops, the next share being LWDB. Clicking on the sharecast icon in HYPTUSS launches sharecast webpage, and as you say shows 3.3% and 0%. (Not sure why I didn't put 3.3% in my previous post!)

The error box is "Object variabl or With Block variable not set." Never failed at LWDB previously.
I went back to an previous edition of HYPTUSS and the same thing happened, so it isn't something I have corrupted recently. It was OK last Saturday. I might delete LWDB from my list and see if the rest run normally

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 11th, 2022, 8:06 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
kiloran wrote:

Using v11-75

Arb.

--kiloran

Very odd - still gets to MRC, and stops, the next share being LWDB. Clicking on the sharecast icon in HYPTUSS launches sharecast webpage, and as you say shows 3.3% and 0%. (Not sure why I didn't put 3.3% in my previous post!)

The error box is "Object variabl or With Block variable not set." Never failed at LWDB previously.
I went back to an previous edition of HYPTUSS and the same thing happened, so it isn't something I have corrupted recently. It was OK last Saturday. I might delete LWDB from my list and see if the rest run normally

Arb.

Hi Arb.
I can reproduce your problem with 11.75, but I don't get the error message. Don't know why, maybe a different version of Excel? I'm on 2016.

Starting with 11.75, the retrieval of forecast yields was modified. If the share is an IT, and the latest yield in Sharecast = n/a, HYPTUSS tries to get a latest yield from the AIC website. LWDB does get a latest yield of 3.3% from Sharecast, so no problem.
However, MRC shows a latest yield of n/a in Sharecast, so goes to https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/0P00008ZO2 to get the yield. This used to work, but AIC changed the layout of the website so now fails.
The good news is that I picked this up a while ago and the fix (which I had forgotten about!) is included in the new version I am testing.

--kiloran

Dochas

Postby Dochas » February 17th, 2022, 6:53 pm

Hi Kiloran
Like Arb, I have found in the past two days that updating Sharecast yields stops at MRC in my list. It's very odd. I'm using version -b-p.ods on a MacBook. Hope you can solve the mystery. HYPTUSS is such a great piece of software.
Dochas

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 17th, 2022, 7:27 pm

Dochas wrote:Hi Kiloran
Like Arb, I have found in the past two days that updating Sharecast yields stops at MRC in my list. It's very odd. I'm using version -b-p.ods on a MacBook. Hope you can solve the mystery. HYPTUSS is such a great piece of software.
Dochas

Yes, I've certainly fixed the Sharecast problem with MRC and some other ITs. Right now, I'm fighting a problem with Stockopedia dividends (not a HYPTUSS issue, it's a Stockopedia data problem). If I can't find a work-around in the next few days, I think I'll just publish the new HYPTUSS version as-is

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”