Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

investegate.co.uk: alerts: limit of 50

Discussions regarding financial software
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

investegate.co.uk: alerts: limit of 50

Postby yorkshirelad1 » March 14th, 2022, 11:34 am

I tried to add another company to my list of alerts (https://www.investegate.co.uk/Watchlist.aspx) on investegate.co.uk and got a pop-up:

"You have reached the maximum number of companies you can follow. Please visit 'My alerts' to manage your company list."

I currently have 50, so it appears there is a limit! I removed a couple and was able to add the new company/alert.

I notice at the top of the "My Alerts" (Watchlist.aspx) page there is: "Number of companies followed: 49/50". Not sure if I just haven't noticed that before (as I don't think I've ever reached the limit) or it's a new "thing". I suppose if one needed more, one could open another account on another e-mail addres, so it's not really a problem, just more of an observation and posting as an FYI (couldn't see that it has been noted before here).

Padders72
Lemon Slice

Re: investegate.co.uk: alerts: limit of 50

Postby Padders72 » March 14th, 2022, 11:40 am

I get too many alerts from them as it is from the 10-15 companies I track through them so shudder to think what my inbox would look like if I had as many as 50 on there. There isnt much granularity in how you can elect to receive or block certain types of RNS, transaction in own shares, director dealings etc all come through despite whatever settings I tick,

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Re: investegate.co.uk: alerts: limit of 50

Postby yorkshirelad1 » March 15th, 2022, 11:19 am

Padders72 wrote:I get too many alerts from them as it is from the 10-15 companies I track through them so shudder to think what my inbox would look like if I had as many as 50 on there. There isnt much granularity in how you can elect to receive or block certain types of RNS, transaction in own shares, director dealings etc all come through despite whatever settings I tick,

Interesting. For me, the level granularity works e.g.
I generally ask for annual/interim reports and results for company on my Alerts list, so the e-mails are not too onerous on my (alternative) inbox (March is a busy month, though!)

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”