Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Updating Funds in MS Money with Gaier

Discussions regarding financial software
darrinm

Updating Funds in MS Money with Gaier

Postby darrinm » April 4th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Hi all,

Been trying for over a week to get funds to update in MS Money using Gaier without success.

I've got L&G trackers as well as some other popular funds like Fundsmith etc and none of them are updating.

Tried using the SymbolMap.xl with the Financial Instruments which fails to resolve from MSN Money and also imported a csv from an FT.com watchlist/portfolio which reduces the holdings to zero.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but has anyone been able to get this working ok and if so how as I've followed the help on the Gaier site to no avail? Individual share holdings like BP, Aviva etc are fine, it just seems to be the Funds I'm having bother with.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks

darrinm

genou
Lemon Quarter

Re: Updating Funds in MS Money with Gaier

Postby genou » April 4th, 2022, 2:52 pm

darrinm wrote:Hi all,

Been trying for over a week to get funds to update in MS Money using Gaier without success.

I've got L&G trackers as well as some other popular funds like Fundsmith etc and none of them are updating.

Tried using the SymbolMap.xl with the Financial Instruments which fails to resolve from MSN Money and also imported a csv from an FT.com watchlist/portfolio which reduces the holdings to zero.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but has anyone been able to get this working ok and if so how as I've followed the help on the Gaier site to no avail? Individual share holdings like BP, Aviva etc are fine, it just seems to be the Funds I'm having bother with.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks

darrinm

Have you tried to find the funds via https://gaiersoftware.com/FinancialInstrumentSearch ? If it can't find them, they aren't on MSN and therefore can't be updated from there.

I have no idea what you are doing wrong with the FT download. Have you compared what you are getting as your download with the example that Dan gives ? Or try running with the -v flag to see if the narrative gives any help.

darrinm

Postby darrinm » April 5th, 2022, 2:25 pm

Thanks genou.

Yes I've tried the instruments page and the verbose option - all I get is '...not found on MSN Money'.

The FT download just gives the quotes but not the prices so it somehow reduces my holding to nothing in MS Money (good job I'm testing this out on a test install of Money).

I've emailed Gaier to see if they can assist.

If not then will just have to update manually, but find it hard to believe that none of the funds can be updated.

Cheers

darrinm

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » April 5th, 2022, 4:00 pm

Because Money doesn't update funds, I requested that Hyp Top-up included funds. Itsallaguess very kindly supplied an extra tab for FT Funds - which works very well. I just entered the funds I was interested in, run it and use it to update my funds.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 5th, 2022, 4:05 pm

darrinm wrote:

granretire wrote:
Because Money doesn't update funds, I requested that Hyp Top-up included funds. Itsallaguess very kindly supplied an extra tab for FT Funds - which works very well.

I just entered the funds I was interested in, run it and use it to update my funds.

Further details on that here if the OP is interested -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25025#p336483

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

darrinm

Postby darrinm » April 6th, 2022, 9:49 am

Thanks IAAG!

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”