Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS updated to versions 11.79 and b-s

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS updated to versions 11.79 and b-s

Postby kiloran » May 31st, 2022, 9:41 am

A change to the AIC website has caused a problem with yields for some ITs. See: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34602#p503203

This has now been fixed with Excel version 11.79 and LibreOffice version b-s. The new versions are available at:
http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Many thanks to Itsallaguess for the Excel fix

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS updated to versions 11.79 and b-s

Postby Breelander » May 31st, 2022, 12:34 pm

kiloran wrote:...LibreOffice version b-s.

Personally I would have designate b-s as an internal build and skipped issuing a load of BS :lol:

(I'll get my coat)

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » May 31st, 2022, 2:37 pm

All spreadsheets updated and can confirm they all work.
Might have been a good time to change the label on the button, from Sharecast yields to just yields. :lol:

Again thanks to you and IAAG, saves me so much work (even if I still have work to do when I update to copy/move my "changes/additions" and check links from other spreadsheets). I keep saying I will write my own update manual in case I forget what I have changed, on the todo list.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 31st, 2022, 2:50 pm

seagles wrote:Might have been a good time to change the label on the button, from Sharecast yields to just yields. :lol:

Your request is on my to-do list but I was concentrating on fixing the problem quickly rather than adding enhancements. It's a simple change, but updating screenshots and the User Manual takes more time than the change itself.
Next time, maybe!

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » June 1st, 2022, 7:10 am

kiloran wrote:
seagles wrote:Might have been a good time to change the label on the button, from Sharecast yields to just yields. :lol:

Your request is on my to-do list but I was concentrating on fixing the problem quickly rather than adding enhancements. It's a simple change, but updating screenshots and the User Manual takes more time than the change itself.
Next time, maybe!

--kiloran

I am grateful for everything you do to maintain HYPTUSS and you must make "cosmetic" changes like that at your own pace. We would be groping in the dark without the effort put in by yourself and others.

Arb.

teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Postby teecee90 » June 7th, 2022, 1:09 pm

Can anyone advise how to add Woodside Energy (WDS) to the data sheet?

Thanks

lansdown

Postby lansdown » June 7th, 2022, 1:35 pm

I am far from being an expert, but I just inserted the data below in the Company Data Sheet tab. Seems to work, but no forecast data available at the moment.

/equity/Woodside_Energy_Group Woodside Energy Group WDS Oil & Gas Producers WDS

Regards
Lansdown

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 7th, 2022, 3:26 pm

lansdown wrote:I am far from being an expert, but I just inserted the data below in the Company Data Sheet tab. Seems to work, but no forecast data available at the moment.

/equity/Woodside_Energy_Group Woodside Energy Group WDS Oil & Gas Producers WDS

Regards
Lansdown

I don't think the URL suffix in Column A is correct. It leads to a 404 error page not found. I think the correct suffix is
/equity/Woodside_Energy_Group_Ltd_NPV_DI

teecee90 wrote:Can anyone advise how to add Woodside Energy (WDS) to the data sheet?
Thanks

I've updated the file company_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
The process to add a share is on page 18 of the User Guide

--kiloran

lansdown

Postby lansdown » June 7th, 2022, 5:22 pm

Kiloran,
That's odd it worked fine on my spreadsheet with no error message.
Anyway thanks I have now updated with your revised Company Data Sheet to be on the safe side.
Regards
Lansdown

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 7th, 2022, 5:31 pm

lansdown wrote:Kiloran,
That's odd it worked fine on my spreadsheet with no error message.
Anyway thanks I have now updated with your revised Company Data Sheet to be on the safe side.
Regards
Lansdown

Hi Lansdown.
Your URL suffix results in a forecast yield of '????' meaning no data was found. Also, if you click on the "Open Sharecast Web Page" button, you get the "error 404"
The correct(?) URL suffix correctly shows a forecast yield of n/a

--kiloran

lansdown

Postby lansdown » June 7th, 2022, 6:04 pm

Kiloran,
Thanks for the explanation.
Lansdown

stacker512
2 Lemon pips

Postby stacker512 » June 14th, 2022, 11:19 pm

Kiloran,

I'm just migrating to version B-S, noticed that in the Dividends tab (on Libre Office), it seems to think the last ex-div date for SOI Investment Trust is 27 Jan 2022, as if it's not updated to the next quarter. Same with version B-Q. Do you know what might be the issue please?

Thanks

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 15th, 2022, 6:05 am

stacker512 wrote:
I'm just migrating to version B-S, noticed that in the Dividends tab (on Libre Office), it seems to think the last ex-div date for SOI Investment Trust is 27 Jan 2022, as if it's not updated to the next quarter.

Same with version B-Q.

Do you know what might be the issue please?

With issues like this, the first thing people should do is to check the 'Parameters' tab and see where the dividend data is being sourced from.

With a default HYPTUSS download, that dividend-source parameter should initially be set to 'Stockopedia'.

If we then look at the Stockopedia page for Schroder Oriental Income (SOI), we can see that they're currently showing the 27th January 2022 ex-dividend date as being their latest dividend-information for that stock -

Source - https://www.stockopedia.com/share-prices/schroder-oriental-income-fund-LON:SOI/dividends/

So this is an issue with Stockopedia not updating their SOI dividend page to take account of the most recent SOI dividend announcement.

If you change the dividend source on the 'Parameters' tab to 'Sharecast', SOI will then bring back the expected and most recent ex-dividend date of 28th April 2022.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

stacker512
2 Lemon pips

Postby stacker512 » June 15th, 2022, 11:02 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
With issues like this, the first thing people should do is to check the 'Parameters' tab and see where the dividend data is being sourced from.

With a default HYPTUSS download, that dividend-source parameter should initially be set to 'Stockopedia'.

Itsallaguess wrote:So this is an issue with Stockopedia not updating their SOI dividend page to take account of the most recent SOI dividend announcement.

If you change the dividend source on the 'Parameters' tab to 'Sharecast', SOI will then bring back the expected and most recent ex-dividend date of 28th April 2022.

Wonderful! That worked nicely, and I had no idea I could do that.
Thank you.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 15th, 2022, 8:38 pm

stacker512 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Itsallaguess wrote:So this is an issue with Stockopedia not updating their SOI dividend page to take account of the most recent SOI dividend announcement.

Wonderful! That worked nicely, and I had no idea I could do that.
Thank you.

I feel that Stockopedia isn't what it used to be.

Earlier this year, Stockopedia changed the layout of the Dividends web page. Here's the new layout:

Note that the last dividend payment shows as £1.90. It should be £0.019, or 1.9p. I also found that dollar payments were displayed correctly, but euro payments displayed $ currency. I contacted Stockopedia but got no response.

Here's the original layout:

This is today's data from https://www.stockopedia.com//share-pric ... dividends/
Yes, the old layout is still available and also has the most recent dividend, and the currency is correct.

I wanted to continue using the old layout, but there were one or two popular shares which did not display any data

It's a pity, Stockopedia used to be very good.

A final thought, in case you have not noticed....... if you select a share in column C of the main HYPTUSS sheet and click on the "View Dividends" button, that opens the web page of the selected dividend source in your default browser.

--kiloran
edit... I just noticed on version b-s that when you click on the "View Dividends" button, it leads to the old layout in Stockopedia. Mea Culpa! I'll get that corrected next time HYPTUSS is updated.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”