Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS giant BUTTONS.

Discussions regarding financial software
naeclue

HYPTUSS giant BUTTONS.

Postby naeclue » October 6th, 2022, 4:30 pm

Periodically the buttons on the HYPTUSS spreadsheet on my PC grow to giant size (the grey buttons saying things like Get Yield, Get Prices etc).

I'm unable to adjust the size of them, and they get large enough to block my view of the data.

Is this just me? Is there are way to re-format the buttons?

I've addressed it by downloading a new copy, and re-inputting the data, but I am hoping that there is a better way.

Thanks in advance.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS giant BUTTONS.

Postby kiloran » October 6th, 2022, 4:46 pm

naeclue wrote:Periodically the buttons on the HYPTUSS spreadsheet on my PC grow to giant size (the grey buttons saying things like Get Yield, Get Prices etc).

I'm unable to adjust the size of them, and they get large enough to block my view of the data.

I've addressed it by downloading a new copy, and re-inputting the data, but I am hoping that there is a better way.

Thanks in advance.

That's a bit weird. Never had that reported before. Probably one of the few problems we can't blame on Truss or Kwarteng ;)
Which version of HYPTUSS? Which version of Excel or LibreOffice? Windows or Linux?

--kiloran

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » October 6th, 2022, 5:57 pm

naeclue wrote:Periodically the buttons on the HYPTUSS spreadsheet on my PC grow to giant size (the grey buttons saying things like Get Yield, Get Prices etc).

Thanks in advance.

Excel? Yes, I've seen that before. I used to do quite a lot of work in Excel VBA. It's a weird quirk but the only time I've seen it is was when I put a lot of buttons on the same sheet. I never found a solution or explanation and probably getting a new copy is the best option.

RC

naeclue

Postby naeclue » October 7th, 2022, 10:25 am

kiloran wrote:

Thanks in advance.

That's a bit weird. Never had that reported before. Probably one of the few problems we can't blame on Truss or Kwarteng ;)
Which version of HYPTUSS? Which version of Excel or LibreOffice? Windows or Linux?

--kiloran

Thanks for getting back to me. It's version 11-79.

I'm using Office Home and Student Office 2013 (but freshly downloaded about 2 weeks ago).

If it's any help, I can email you the document.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 7th, 2022, 11:07 am

I've had this in the past where the buttons change in size for no apparent reason. I've modified them back to their original size in "DEVELOPER" mode.

"Developer mode" allows the user to modify the size and location of the "buttons" and what the function of the button is. You need to click on design mode and then unclick once you have made changes.

I'm not sure if Developer mode is, by default, displayed and one needs to tick the option ("customise ribbon")

naeclue

Postby naeclue » October 7th, 2022, 11:37 am

Thank you monabri, that worked perfectly.

My gratitude to everyone who responded, much appreciated.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 7th, 2022, 12:37 pm

naeclue wrote:Thank you monabri, that worked perfectly.

My gratitude to everyone who responded, much appreciated.

Thanks from me also to monabri. Saves me some work!

There is a suggestion that the problem might be caused by non-native screen resolution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/157 ... g-controls

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 19th, 2023, 7:16 am

Cross-post to an alternative solution if required -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38459

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”