Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

11.80 defaulting

Discussions regarding financial software
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

11.80 defaulting

Postby Arborbridge » October 18th, 2022, 3:59 pm

I'm sure this hasn't happened until installing 11.80:-

I'm working part way down the spreadsheet, then want to check something on another tab in the same file. When I switch back to the original tab (still in the same file) my view and cursor jump to the top of the spreadsheet, rather than going back to the cell in which I was working.

It does not go to column A row 1, if I have been on, say, column H row 200. It will jump to column H row 1.
So it seems it will jump back to the column I was working on, but not the row.

I hope my description is good enough to understand what I am seeing here. I am using Excel 2003, but this has only started happening since using 11.80. I just checked my previous version, 11.74, and that does not do it. I can't find anything obvious which would do this under Edit or View.

TIA,

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: 11.80 defaulting

Postby kiloran » October 18th, 2022, 7:09 pm

OK, thanks for the feedback Arb.
I'm away from home just now, acting as personal butler and manservant for mum. I hope to get back home at the weekend but I'll look at it sooner if I get a chance.

Anyone else seen this problem?

kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 25th, 2022, 1:08 pm

Arborbridge wrote:I'm sure this hasn't happened until installing 11.80:-

I'm working part way down the spreadsheet, then want to check something on another tab in the same file. When I switch back to the original tab (still in the same file) my view and cursor jump to the top of the spreadsheet, rather than going back to the cell in which I was working.

It does not go to column A row 1, if I have been on, say, column H row 200. It will jump to column H row 1.

I hope my description is good enough to understand what I am seeing here. I am using Excel 2003, but this has only started happening since using 11.80. I just checked my previous version, 11.74, and that does not do it. I can't find anything obvious which would do this under Edit or View.

TIA,

Arb.

Hi Arb, sorry it's taken so long to look at this, it's been a busy past 10-11 days.

I tried this on 11.80 with Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I added some shares, selected cell J9 on the main HYP sheet, fiddled around on some other sheets, ran some macros, then went back to the HYP sheet and cell J9 was still the active cell.

I tried the same on another laptop with Windows 10 and Excel 2010 and had the same results.

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 25th, 2022, 4:45 pm

kiloran wrote:Hi Arb, sorry it's taken so long to look at this, it's been a busy past 10-11 days.

I tried this on 11.80 with Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I added some shares, selected cell J9 on the main HYP sheet, fiddled around on some other sheets, ran some macros, then went back to the HYP sheet and cell J9 was still the active cell.

I tried the same on another laptop with Windows 10 and Excel 2010 and had the same results.

--kiloran

No worries with the delay.

The view defaults to the top of the page, although the active cell remains the same - I hadn't noticed the active cell stays the same when I described it before.

BTW I'm on Excel 2003. It's a minor annoyance I can live with, but something this different for me in 11.80. It shows up starkly if running the old version and the new, as I did until converting all my portfolios to the 11.80.

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 26th, 2022, 10:25 am

Arborbridge wrote:
kiloran wrote:Hi Arb, sorry it's taken so long to look at this, it's been a busy past 10-11 days.

--kiloran

The view defaults to the top of the page, although the active cell remains the same - I hadn't noticed the active cell stays the same when I described it before.

BTW I'm on Excel 2003. It's a minor annoyance I can live with, but something this different for me in 11.80. It shows up starkly if running the old version and the new, as I did until converting all my portfolios to the 11.80.

Arb.

I can now see the problem, Arb. I used 11.80 with Excel 2016, added a bunch of shares on the HYP sheet down to row 45, then selected cell H45, with my screen displaying rows 17-45.Went to the Dividends sheet then back to the HYP sheet and nothing had changed. Went to the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet then back to the HYP sheet, and it displayed rows 1-25, even though H45 was still the active cell.
This odd quirk first appeared on version 11.75 and I haven't a scooby what might have caused it. Might take a while to nail this one

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 26th, 2022, 10:33 am

kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

--kiloran

Arb.

I can now see the problem, Arb. I used 11.80 with Excel 2016, added a bunch of shares on the HYP sheet down to row 45, then selected cell H45, with my screen displaying rows 17-45.Went to the Dividends sheet then back to the HYP sheet and nothing had changed. Went to the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet then back to the HYP sheet, and it displayed rows 1-25, even though H45 was still the active cell.
This odd quirk first appeared on version 11.75 and I haven't a scooby what might have caused it. Might take a while to nail this one

--kiloran

But I don't feel so alone now ;)
It's nice to know you have managed to reproduce it - but no one else has noticed, apparently. It's not the end of the world, just mildly annoying.

Arb.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 26th, 2022, 10:34 am

A bit of a wild punt
check it none of your addins
run excel in safe mode

Press the ‘Windows + R’ key
In the Run open box type in ‘Excel /safe’ and hit OK.
Note: There is a space between Excel and /

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 26th, 2022, 7:43 pm

kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

I can now see the problem, Arb. I used 11.80 with Excel 2016, added a bunch of shares on the HYP sheet down to row 45, then selected cell H45, with my screen displaying rows 17-45.

Went to the Dividends sheet then back to the HYP sheet and nothing had changed. Went to the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet then back to the HYP sheet, and it displayed rows 1-25, even though H45 was still the active cell.

This odd quirk first appeared on version 11.75 and I haven't a scooby what might have caused it.

Might take a while to nail this one

Both the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet and the Snapshots sheet have a 'Worksheet_Deactivate()' sub-routine that sets the ActiveWindow.Scrollrow back to 1 when exiting either of those two sheets and returning to the previously activated sheet -

Source - Vanilla download of HYPTUSS v11.80

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 26th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
kiloran wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

I can now see the problem, Arb. I used 11.80 with Excel 2016, added a bunch of shares on the HYP sheet down to row 45, then selected cell H45, with my screen displaying rows 17-45.

Went to the Dividends sheet then back to the HYP sheet and nothing had changed. Went to the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet then back to the HYP sheet, and it displayed rows 1-25, even though H45 was still the active cell.

This odd quirk first appeared on version 11.75 and I haven't a scooby what might have caused it.

Might take a while to nail this one

Both the FTSE-HYP Tracking sheet and the Snapshots sheet have a 'Worksheet_Deactivate()' sub-routine that sets the ActiveWindow.Scrollrow back to 1 when exiting either of those two sheets and returning to the previously activated sheet -

Source - Vanilla download of HYPTUSS v11.80

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Excellent! Put a gold star in your exercise book for that. :D
Haven't had time to look at it yet, too busy working on my christmas card deliveries. I'll try to implement the fix in the next few days. I need to try and work out why that code was put in before I delete it.

Many thanks, itsallaguess.

--kiloran (now off to watch some football)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 15th, 2022, 1:09 pm

TIA,

Arb.

This has been fixed with v11.81 Arb. See viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36742#p546735

Sorry about the delay. Various issues have consumed my time lately, then I also found the Stockopedia issue and failed to find a work-around

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » November 15th, 2022, 4:13 pm

kiloran wrote:

TIA,

Arb.

This has been fixed with v11.81 Arb. See viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36742#p546735

Sorry about the delay. Various issues have consumed my time lately, then I also found the Stockopedia issue and failed to find a work-around

--kiloran

Thanks - I'll try it out.

Arb.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”