Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Stockopedia

Discussions regarding financial software
WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Stockopedia

Postby WickedLester » November 20th, 2022, 11:32 am

I've been a subscriber on and off a few times and have found the site relatively useful for initial screening of stock ideas.

I have now received an offer of 60% off a year's subscription (I think it works out to £132.50). I'm seriously considering taking out a subscription at this price (it's only just over £10 a month).

If anyone has previously been a subscriber and is considering taking out a new subscription it could be worth checking your inbox/junkmail to see if you also have this offer.

If there are any posters that have never subscribed it could be worth contacting Stockopedia to see if they will offer you a deal.

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: Stockopedia

Postby Laughton » November 20th, 2022, 5:01 pm

Hmmm. I was a subscriber for a few years but gave up a couple of years ago. It did become pretty expensive.

I'll ponder what to do whilst waiting for the "offer" email to find its way to me.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » November 20th, 2022, 5:30 pm

Laughton wrote:Hmmm. I was a subscriber for a few years but gave up a couple of years ago. It did become pretty expensive.

I'll ponder what to do whilst waiting for the "offer" email to find its way to me.

It would be good to have you back! My renewal is coming up and the annual fee has increased a lot this year, so I am considering my own position. In particular, I am finding the discussion threads of less interest these days, and the data and screening facilities of Sharepad are much better, including coverage beyond UK shares.

All the best, Si

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » November 20th, 2022, 6:24 pm

The offer I had was only valid until the end of tomorrow, so not long to act.

I did decide to retake the subscription, I think £11 a month is a reasonable amount to pay for the service all things considered.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » November 20th, 2022, 10:45 pm

Thanks for flagging this up. My subscription expires shortly. I’ve messaged them asking if there’s going to be a loyalty discount. If not, I may give sharepad my business.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » November 21st, 2022, 5:01 pm

GrahamPlatt wrote:Thanks for flagging this up. My subscription expires shortly. I’ve messaged them asking if there’s going to be a loyalty discount. If not, I may give sharepad my business.

I was of the same mind. The only thing in Stockopedia’s favour for me is the mobile app which I use a fair bit when out and about. Sharepad is a desktop only tool. I’m not put off by the price of renewal and having thought about it I’ll probably renew for the mobile app alone, even though I’ve found some annoying basic data problems recently that have left me frustrated. I pointed out an error with Next a few weeks ago because it is in the Technology sector… that’s not been fixed yet. And this weekend I wanted to extract some simple data for the FTSE100 using a screen but a simple single rule provided only 94 results!

Very frustrating!

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » November 21st, 2022, 5:02 pm

GrahamPlatt wrote:Thanks for flagging this up. My subscription expires shortly. I’ve messaged them asking if there’s going to be a loyalty discount. If not, I may give sharepad my business.

I was of the same mind. The only thing in Stockopedia’s favour for me is the mobile app which I use a fair bit when out and about. Sharepad is a desktop only tool. I’m not put off by the price of renewal and having thought about it I’ll probably renew for the mobile app alone, even though I’ve found some annoying basic data problems recently that have left me frustrated. I pointed out an error with Next a few weeks ago because it is in the Technology sector… that’s not been fixed yet. And this weekend I wanted to extract some simple data for the FTSE100 using a screen but a simple single rule screen provided only 94 results!

Very frustrating!

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”