Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUS

Discussions regarding financial software
magsy12

Re: HYPTUS

Postby magsy12 » January 30th, 2023, 11:26 am

Many thanks for your efforts! I will remove AZN from my HYPTUS so that the rest should complete ok.
Sorry to have given you yet another headache!

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 30th, 2023, 11:32 am

magsy12 wrote:
I will remove AZN from my HYPTUS so that the rest should complete ok.

If you take it out of your portfolio, and then add it back in, AZN will then be the last share in the HYPTUSS list, which means you can run the Forecast Yield process as normal with the AZN holding still in your portfolio, and when it subsequently fails at the end, just close the error window and manually fill in the Forecast Yield information yourself, which should then allow all the other HYPTUSS automatic formula's to work correctly.

If you manually enter 2.2% for the AZN yield, that's the current yield given by the Dividend Data site linked below -

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend-yield.py?epic=AZN

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

magsy12

Postby magsy12 » January 30th, 2023, 1:48 pm

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? I will certainly give it a go. Thank you IAAG.

magsy12

Postby magsy12 » January 30th, 2023, 1:54 pm

That worked a treat!

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 30th, 2023, 2:41 pm

magsy12 wrote:
That worked a treat!

Great news, and hopefully a good enough short-term fix until Sharecast get their AZN page sorted out.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 1st, 2023, 6:30 am

magsy12 wrote:
The first share in the list is AZN which seems to be the same share that AJC5001 is having a problem with.

Just for info - it looks like Sharecast have fixed their AstraZeneca page now, so things might be working a little better if the Forecast Yield process is now run -

https://www.sharecast.com/equity/AstraZeneca

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 1st, 2023, 8:48 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
magsy12 wrote:
The first share in the list is AZN which seems to be the same share that AJC5001 is having a problem with.

Just for info - it looks like Sharecast have fixed their AstraZeneca page now, so things might be working a little better if the Forecast Yield process is now run -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

That's good news. I lobbed an email in their direction the other day, so maybe it's a response to that, or maybe a data update at month end, or maybe just sheer coincidence. Who knows?
But I see that AZN is still not in the FTSE100 list https://www.sharecast.com/index/FTSE_100

And no progress with NWG :(

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 1st, 2023, 9:19 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
magsy12 wrote:

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

That still leaves nine shares I have to check and enter manually, as of last night. Sharecast really not doing us much favours for the moment - but how much better than doing it all by hand!
It means I check less frequently, which is probably a very good thing.

To make my individual case worse, I use ADFVN to check those missing yields, which has been an easy thing until last night when that site decided I was using an adblocker. AFAIK I am not, and certainly haven't installed one since I last ran HYPTUSS. I had this happen out of the blue on another site, and the solution is to go incognito, I seem to recall.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 1st, 2023, 12:30 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
To make my individual case worse, I use ADFVN to check those missing yields, which has been an easy thing until last night when that site decided I was using an adblocker. AFAIK I am not, and certainly haven't installed one since I last ran HYPTUSS. I had this happen out of the blue on another site, and the solution is to go incognito, I seem to recall.

Addendum:

what is truly bizarre is that the adblocker warning does not come up on the ADVFN site today.

johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Postby johnstevens77 » February 14th, 2023, 11:27 am

AZN is now working for me, P/E ratios are still showing 00.

I do not bother to remove a recalcitrant yield, I just type in the yield and that works, or am I missing something ?

Thanks for the good work.

john

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » February 15th, 2023, 8:52 pm

From tonight's run of HYPTUSS, I see that I am about to have a small fortune in my HYP due to some massive yields. :D

Unfortunately, this seems to be due to Sharescope multiplying a lot of the yields by 100. :?

I hope this is fixed soon.

Adrian

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 16th, 2023, 3:30 pm

AJC5001 wrote:From tonight's run of HYPTUSS, I see that I am about to have a small fortune in my HYP due to some massive yields. :D

Unfortunately, this seems to be due to Sharescope multiplying a lot of the yields by 100. :?

Adrian

And a website I was investigating as a possible alternative source has exactly the same problem :cry:
The source is Digital Look (also the source for Sharecast)

--kiloran

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » February 16th, 2023, 4:24 pm

kiloran wrote:
AJC5001 wrote:From tonight's run of HYPTUSS, I see that I am about to have a small fortune in my HYP due to some massive yields. :D

Adrian

And a website I was investigating as a possible alternative source has exactly the same problem :cry:
The source is Digital Look (also the source for Sharecast)

--kiloran

I don't want to raise anyone's expectations, but I've just looked at my HYP in my Yahoo Portfolio. I have never trusted Yahoo yields ever since I started my HYP 20 years ago. However, looking at the 'Fundamentals' tab for the portfolio, the Forecast Yield column looks to be similar to what I see in HYPTUS but including the yields Sharecast are getting wrong (BP, HSBC, IHG, RIO, SHEL, ULVR, VOD and even NWG!). The Trailing Yield is rubbish - also looks to be out by 100 and rounded.

Yahoo also has a non-zero Forecast P/E if you create your own view, but the values don't look right to me.

I don't know if this is any use as an alternative to Sharecast but as the prices come from Yahoo I thought it might be easier to get Forecast Yield as well?

HTH

Adrian

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 1st, 2023, 12:41 pm

We still have the *100 problem, but I've worked round that by sticking in a /100 factor in the dividend expected column. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to know if the yields are all correct at /100 without individual inspection.
Even so, that still leaves around 13 shares which do not have correct yields, and which are not part of the *100 category. They come out as normal looking yields, but some (or all?) are incorrect.

This problem has a side benefit - running HYPTUSS is now a little daunting, so I only bother once a month or when I want to top up. Maybe this lack of activity will make for better investing?? 8-)

Arb

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 4th, 2023, 12:30 pm

Arborbridge wrote:We still have the *100 problem, but I've worked round that by sticking in a /100 factor in the dividend expected column. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to know if the yields are all correct at /100 without individual inspection.
Even so, that still leaves around 13 shares which do not have correct yields, and which are not part of the *100 category. They come out as normal looking yields, but some (or all?) are incorrect.

This problem has a side benefit - running HYPTUSS is now a little daunting, so I only bother once a month or when I want to top up. Maybe this lack of activity will make for better investing?? 8-)

Arb

Hi Arb. Sorry about the late response, I was away for mum's 99th birthday.

The Sharecast Forecast Yield problem is a pain in the neck. No response to my problem report. I was working on an alternative solution, using iWeb. See the Financials tab at https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... sid=103870
Would you believe it, it has the same problem as Sharecast https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Admiral_Group.
Both sites get their data from Digital Look, and so far there is no reply from Digital Look to my problem report.

I have one other possible source of data, but that will take rather more work. Be patient!

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 6th, 2023, 9:07 am

kiloran wrote:Hi Arb. Sorry about the late response, I was away for mum's 99th birthday.

The Sharecast Forecast Yield problem is a pain in the neck. No response to my problem report. I was working on an alternative solution, using iWeb. See the Financials tab at https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.c ... sid=103870
Would you believe it, it has the same problem as Sharecast https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Admiral_Group.
Both sites get their data from Digital Look, and so far there is no reply from Digital Look to my problem report.

I have one other possible source of data, but that will take rather more work. Be patient!

--kiloran

A 99th Birthday! - certainly something to celebrate. I remember an aunt receiving the 100th birthday card from the Queen, so hopefully your mum will too.

Just to say: a less than perfect HYPTUSS is much more use to me than no HYPTUSS at all, and I sure others would agree with that. Thank you for your efforts to fix the problem.

Arb.

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Postby Grumpsimus » March 17th, 2023, 6:58 pm

The forecast yields on HYTUSS are now almost back to normal. The only one obviously wrong was BHP at 949.30% - I should be so lucky!

Certainly a great improvement from recent figures from Sharecast.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » March 19th, 2023, 8:17 pm

Grumpsimus wrote:The forecast yields on HYTUSS are now almost back to normal. The only one obviously wrong was BHP at 949.30% - I should be so lucky!

I'm also getting an 'obviously wrong' 541.0% for Smurfit Kappa Group (SKG) which I have in my Watchlist.

And Natwest still doesn't work :(

I've now got a problem with the Get Yahoo Prices button in my Watchlist. It returns a "Yahoo price scrape has failed - please run again" message after clearing the prices column. Trying the button again produces the same result. Anyone else having this problem?

The Get Yahoo Prices button in the High Yield Portfolio sheet is working correctly, as are the Get Yields buttons in both sheets.

HYPTUS version 11-81 (Latest version), Excel 365 so assume it's the latest version), Windows 10 Version 22H2 last updated 14/03/2023

Adrian

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Postby Grumpsimus » March 19th, 2023, 9:41 pm

AJC5001 wrote:
Grumpsimus wrote:The forecast yields on HYTUSS are now almost back to normal. The only one obviously wrong was BHP at 949.30% - I should be so lucky!

I'm also getting an 'obviously wrong' 541.0% for Smurfit Kappa Group (SKG) which I have in my Watchlist.

Adrian

Adrian

I was just pointing that HYPTUSS was getting better. Recently most of the share yields being clearly wrong with a few being correct. Now most are correct with just one or two being wrong. I understand that forecast yields come from Sharecast, so they are sorting out the problem gradually. Certainly a lot better than it was.

Michael

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 20th, 2023, 9:42 am

Grumpsimus wrote:
AJC5001 wrote:

Adrian

Adrian

I was just pointing that HYPTUSS was getting better. Recently most of the share yields being clearly wrong with a few being correct. Now most are correct with just one or two being wrong. I understand that forecast yields come from Sharecast, so they are sorting out the problem gradually. Certainly a lot better than it was.

Michael

Yes, almost back to normal with just a few "funnies" to look out for (which is usual anyway). Phew! - that's a relief.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”