Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Alternative source of forecast dividend data [moved post from Teecee90]

Discussions regarding financial software
teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Postby teecee90 » January 1st, 2023, 1:06 pm

Given that ShareCast doesn't look like correcting its forecast dividend data any time soon, and the free version of Market Screener seems to limit the number of searches, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced source of forecast dividend data? Anything cheaper than The Market Screener basic subscription of £24 per month?

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » January 1st, 2023, 4:29 pm

Moderator Message:
Teecee90 posted this request in error on the HYP-P board, and requested its re-posting here. --MDW1954

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Re: Alternative source of forecast dividend data [moved post from Teecee90]

Postby scrumpyjack » January 1st, 2023, 5:22 pm

teecee90 wrote:Given that ShareCast doesn't look like correcting its forecast dividend data any time soon, and the free version of Market Screener seems to limit the number of searches, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced source of forecast dividend data? Anything cheaper than The Market Screener basic subscription of £24 per month?

I think you can get about 10 searches a day free on Market Screener, so unless you are interested in a vast number of companies, just spread the searches over few days or set up several logins for the free service? Not worth £24 a month just for that, IMO

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Postby yieldhog » January 1st, 2023, 5:27 pm

Have you tried Dividendmax?
https://www.dividendmax.com/united-king ... /dividends

I use it now and again to check actual dividends declared but don't have any real need to pay for forecasts. I make my own forecasts for the year ahead.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used the forecast service and whether they found it value for money.

Happy New Year

Y

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 1st, 2023, 5:33 pm

teecee90 wrote:Given that ShareCast doesn't look like correcting its forecast dividend data any time soon, and the free version of Market Screener seems to limit the number of searches, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced source of forecast dividend data? Anything cheaper than The Market Screener basic subscription of £24 per month?

I'm still working on scraping yield and dividend data from MarketScreener and getting close to dumping data for further analysis and evaluation. I'll publish this for the FTSE350 and compare with Sharecast to get some feedback, hopefully in the next week or so.
Manual searches for MarketScreener are limited, but you can overcome this by clearing the site cookies in your browser.

I'm not aware of any other (free) source for forecast data

--kiloran

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » January 1st, 2023, 5:58 pm

yieldhog wrote:Have you tried Dividendmax?
https://www.dividendmax.com/united-king ... /dividends

I use it now and again to check actual dividends declared but don't have any real need to pay for forecasts. I make my own forecasts for the year ahead.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used the forecast service and whether they found it value for money.

Happy New Year

Y

I too don't think it worth paying for forecasts, but brokers forecasts are IMO likely to be much more accurate than the private investor's personal forecast. This is not because their judgement is any better, but I strongly suspect their forecasts will be 'steered' by management to be not too wide of the mark. Some might call this insider information but I could not possibly make such an allegation :shock:

Some companies publish broker consensus forecasts on their own websites, or they certainly used to do so.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”